“Good place to eat and have a wonderful view”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had been there a few years ago and wanted to enjoy the Lobster Pot once again. Last week we went there for lunch. I had the Lobster roll wrapped in lettuce instead of the bread roll and it came with potato salad, tomato and pickles. Later on in the week we went back for dinner with a party of 14. Two people had whole boiled lobsters and they were not cooked properly. They then brought them pan roasted lobster chunks to make up for the poor experience. I tried the Lobster Bisque that someone ordered and it was AMAZING. I ordered Lobster Scampi served over angel hair pasta along with vegetables. It was tasty. One of our group ordered Portuguese soup and salad. The soup was great. Others in the party seemed happy with their choices. I will have to say that it seemed to me that the food was better there a few years ago. It was not bad and I would go there again. The view of the water is wonderful. I just didnt think that the food was as good as before.

1  Thank KeyLimeKottage
Write a ReviewReviews (3,196)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We drove to Provincetown and after walking around for a while it was time for something to eat and a beer. We look around and decided on Lobster Pot we asked for the bar and the show us upstairs overlooking Historic PTown like locals call it. The place has a restaurant downstairs and a bar and tables upstairs you can eat at the bar nice. My Bloody Mary was delicious it has some combination of cocktail sauce and horseradish it was Yummy. They have a variety of beer to pick and a good menu. I have the half oysters nice and big and my husband had The Lobster Roll to die for. I recommend this place to anyone. Did i mention that a lot of the locals go there very friendly people.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had the lobster roll and ended up getting the paninni bread which I would say next time I would opt for the standard soft roll that it normally comes with. It just tastes better on the soft roll rather that a crispy paninni. My sone had the fried shrimp and said they were great. We also tried the clam cake. I normally enjoy crab cakes so I thought I would give the clam cake a try. It was flavored well but I did not like it as much as a crab cake but that's just me. I am sure it was good for a clam cake.

We sat upstairs and had a great view!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We ate at the bar, looking out onto the beach and water. Interesting wait staff - guys - with much experience and knowledge of the area. Varied menu. Excellent variety of seafood

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Despite the positive reviews, I was hesitant to visit the Lobster Pot just based on it's proximity to all of the most "touristy" attractions in Provincetown. I was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I decided to stop in for a quick lunch on our last day in town.

The decor is typical with a very casual atmosphere you might expect. We were lucky enough to grab a table in the main dining room with a great view of the water. The service was also a little slow, but that aside our waitress was friendly and helpful with the rather large menu. When it made it to the table, the food was definitely worth the wait. My wife and I both enjoyed the "Russian" oysters, clam chowder and of course lobster!

Overall if you're looking for a quiet, romantic dinner this probably isn't the place for you. If you're looking for some good seafood while you're visiting Commercial Street, definitely consider a visit.