“Great place for a drink!”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 144 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed September 15, 2008

The upstairs bar is a great place for a drink and appetizer or bowl of chowder. The chowder is good, and the mixed grill appetizer was generous. I didn't care for the sauce, but my husband liked it. The drinks are awesome--try the green tea and ginger martini. It is very child friendly as well.

2  Thank amarielle
Write a ReviewReviews (3,197)

Reviewed September 14, 2008

What? Five stars? I must be joking, right? No, I'm not. My wife and I have eaten here for lunches and dinners every year we've been at the Cape. I can truly say that I have never, ever been disappointed at "the Pot". Just had a 2 1/4 pound boiled lobster there for dinner one night this week, and I squeezed every morsel out of every nook and cranny in it, it was that good! When I come to the Cape, I go the Pot for lobster almost every time, but that's not all there is to offer. Their tuna sashimi rollup is wonderful and light fare for lunch. The fresh tuna panini with the rosemary oil mayo and swiss is astounding, rendering all other tuna sandwiches I've had in my entire life insipid and irrelevant. The signature cocktails I've had, such as the watermelon mojito and the bloody mary, are the best. Their oysters are as fresh as you would wish, and I almost never defile them with cocktail sauce or lemon, except to periodically validate my stance on that.

Yeah, it's crowded, noisy, and seems to be controlled chaos at times, and that can be distracting......until you tuck into your plate, and then it all goes quiet for me, with the food being my only focus in the universe at the moment (oh, yeah, sometimes my wife and I talk to each other while eating, but not too much). Coming here with an expectation of haute cuisine and upscale dining is delusional, at best, but if it's really well prepared, fresh and delicious seafood you want, then this is a place to go to. I've dined at a lot of very nice establishments in P-town and elsewhere on the Cape, but I never, ever miss a return visit or visits to the Pot. If this were the only restaurant in P-town, I could easily live with that, and would still return here frequently.

You want upscale, big city, really polished service? Go to Chillingsworth (I have, and love it, too), go to Le Bernardin (ditto), or go to Michael Mina (yeah, too).

You want great seafood? P-town ambiance? Attentive and competent, although astoundingly busy service? A unique dining experience in what many dismiss as "touristy' atmosphere. Then, baby, the Pot is where it is at. I've read enough negatives about the Pot, as well as places like Chillingsworth, etc., in this and other forums to be somewhat daunted about it if I were easily swayed, but I like to form my own opinions about a place by dining there at least once, as opposed to going by a lot of total strangers' pre-conceived notions of what constitutes a really pleasant and rewarding dining experience. So, feel free to ignore me, or not. Believe me, I've had my share of not so fine dining experiences, but to write about them only increases my ire, so I try to forget them as quickly as possible and simply never return. Those establishments eventually, perhaps not soon enough, fade away. The Pot has been around long enough to attest to its value, and I confirm that.

5  Thank TwoSybarites
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 28, 2008

yuck

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a night in P-Town and we ate at the Lobster Pot (LP). I've been to Provincetown almost every year for my adult life and have never eaten here. I think I've always thought of it as a tourist trap. Trap or not this place is FAB! First, the place just looks cool and is an iconic spot in P-Town. I actually have a painting of the place in my kitchen. As you walk in you past the open kitchen were the multitudes cook and plate your meal.
Let's take the quality of the seafood as a given, it was fresh and wonderful. The menu is such that you have a tough decision on what to order. We started with the Portuguese baked Clams they were great prepared with linguica and panko, yum. My wife had the Sole Rockefeller, she was served three big fillets with a dynamite stuffing and sauce. Some restaruants you'd only get one or two of those. I had the fried seafood platter, mainly because I'd been smelling fried seafood all day and had a notion to "get me some". Next time I think I'll try the P-Town Paella.
We were served a bowl of fresh greens with a tray of four homemand dressings. Blue cheese, garlic ranch, toasted sesame and honey mustard, Our fabulous waiter "Charlie" recommended the sesame and garlic ranch mixed, wow was he right. Charlie was a pro, friendly without being a hoverer or a phony.

3  Thank royaljelly
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Long wait on busy summer night; no problem, we went next door for a few beers, great! The pagers have a claimed quarter mile range so plenty of scope while waiting. It is quite loud but not annoyingly so. Food and service fine, prices reasonable for P-Town. I went a second night which says it all.

2  Thank Kildress