“Don't miss it when you're in town”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Somerset, New Jersey
“Don't miss it when you're in town”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We just love going to the Lobster Pot. The staff is very friendly, and it is a very interesting place to go. There are lovely views from the dining room as well. The food is wonderful - not even sure how they get things to taste as good as they do. I normally get the scallops there and they are perfect. This is one of the larger restaurants in town and you can mistake if for a tourist trap. It is nothing of the sort. It will be among the best dining experiences you will have anywhere in town. Don't miss it. If you have to wait a little while for a table, it's worth it.

1 Thank dan46826

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Connecticut
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What The Lobster Pot lacks in surprises, it makes up for in consistently good food. The large and varied menu and superb service (though always a wait in season) have kept us returning year after year.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dreamingbig
Hadley, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A family that knows their business!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been going to the Lobster Pot for many years before I was married. Now that I am married my spouse and I always make it a point to go to the Lobster Pot when we are in Provincetown which is at least twice year.
On our recent visit something unusual happened. Our food and service was not at all what we have known it to be which is usually excellent. We assumed that something was off either with our server or in the kitchen but because we had spent so much money and because I too am in the restaurant business I thought it was important to give the owners our feedback.
11:00 the following morning my spouse called and spoke to the owner and she could not have been more pleasant. She wanted to hear what we had said and she wanted to fix the problem. She invited us back in for dinner that evening (we were not expecting this)!
Upon our arrival that night we met Sean the owners son and an owner I assume as well. What a GREAT guy!!!!!! He made up for everything and then some! We love sitting at the bar to have dinner and he brought us up, found two seats for us (by the window) and chatted with us for a few minutes.
Our dinner was terrific! What we have always known the Lobster Pot to be!
Thank you Sean and thanks to your mother (I am so sorry to have forgotten her name)
You folks know how to run a great restaurant with outstanding customer service. Many other business's could learn a great deal from you!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathleen K
Lobster_Pot_Ptown, Manager at Lobster Pot, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
There is a reason why Trip Advisor awarded the Lobster Pot its Certificate of Excellence – 2013, because of great customer feedback such as yours…satisfied customers and great food are our greatest form of PR !!! THANK YOU…the LOBSTER POT RESTAURANT.
Sand Lake, New York
“Simply great food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have a family tradition of spending time every year on Cape Cod, sometimes several trips. The primary trip at the beginning of September is to celebrate our anniversary and fishing. To celebrate our anniversary we have dinner at the Lobster Pot, upstairs, over looking the wharf, every year. We are familiar faces to the people who work there and are welcomed with open and genuine friendship and camaraderie. The food is and has always been absolutely terrific. I believe the best value meal is the "Tim's Lobster Bake". It is (always) excellent. Do not overlook their award winning soups! You can avoid the crowds by eating a little earlier or a little later than the norm and taking your time to enjoy the place. The food, the staff, and the atmosphere are outstanding!

1 Thank chief37
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Ptown tradition!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I eat here EVERYTIME I come to Provincetown, 4-6 times a year. It never disappoints.

Very consistent and delicious; always fresh seafood.

Service is great. I avoid it when crowded though as it just isn't fun and pleasant then.