“A family that knows their business!”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been going to the Lobster Pot for many years before I was married. Now that I am married my spouse and I always make it a point to go to the Lobster Pot when we are in Provincetown which is at least twice year.
On our recent visit something unusual happened. Our food and service was not at all what we have known it to be which is usually excellent. We assumed that something was off either with our server or in the kitchen but because we had spent so much money and because I too am in the restaurant business I thought it was important to give the owners our feedback.
11:00 the following morning my spouse called and spoke to the owner and she could not have been more pleasant. She wanted to hear what we had said and she wanted to fix the problem. She invited us back in for dinner that evening (we were not expecting this)!
Upon our arrival that night we met Sean the owners son and an owner I assume as well. What a GREAT guy!!!!!! He made up for everything and then some! We love sitting at the bar to have dinner and he brought us up, found two seats for us (by the window) and chatted with us for a few minutes.
Our dinner was terrific! What we have always known the Lobster Pot to be!
Thank you Sean and thanks to your mother (I am so sorry to have forgotten her name)
You folks know how to run a great restaurant with outstanding customer service. Many other business's could learn a great deal from you!

1  Thank Kathleen K
Lobster_Pot_Ptown, Manager at Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

There is a reason why Trip Advisor awarded the Lobster Pot its Certificate of Excellence – 2013, because of great customer feedback such as yours…satisfied customers and great food are our greatest form of PR !!! THANK YOU…the LOBSTER POT RESTAURANT.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have a family tradition of spending time every year on Cape Cod, sometimes several trips. The primary trip at the beginning of September is to celebrate our anniversary and fishing. To celebrate our anniversary we have dinner at the Lobster Pot, upstairs, over looking the wharf, every year. We are familiar faces to the people who work there and are welcomed with open and genuine friendship and camaraderie. The food is and has always been absolutely terrific. I believe the best value meal is the "Tim's Lobster Bake". It is (always) excellent. Do not overlook their award winning soups! You can avoid the crowds by eating a little earlier or a little later than the norm and taking your time to enjoy the place. The food, the staff, and the atmosphere are outstanding!

1  Thank chief37
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I eat here EVERYTIME I come to Provincetown, 4-6 times a year. It never disappoints.

Very consistent and delicious; always fresh seafood.

Service is great. I avoid it when crowded though as it just isn't fun and pleasant then.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have gone to the Lobster pot everytime I am in P-town, love their food, especially the lobster ravioli, to die for. When we arrived there was only about a 15 minute wait which was amazing. But when they brought us in, they couldnt decide at first where they wanted to put us, then about 5 minutes later they finally crammed us in a corner. we had 4 adults and a toddler in a highchair and our chairs were right up against the tables of people around us. it was so noisy we couldnt carry on a conversation really. And I would say it was about twenty five minutes until we were able to order. Food was excellence, service and noise, not so great. but the food alone is worth it!

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived there was a lot of confusion with seating and we were passed around. Finally we were put on a table by the water front which was nice. The food was ok but there were no frills and you got what you paid for.

Lobster_Pot_Ptown, Manager at Lobster Pot, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Sorry that you where "expecting more". We are a seafood restaurant in a tourist/seaside community...thanks for you input, the Lobster Pot, a 2013 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellance winner.