“Love their soups”

Lobster Pot
Ranked #10 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my favorite place to go for Portuguese Soup and clam chowder or lobster bisque. The lobster is reliable and the service is good. Always busy.

1  Thank Jane A
Write a ReviewReviews (3,208)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food is good and pricey. The service is adequate considering that the dining area is cavernous, and the waiters navigate around lots of tables and large parties. This is an excellent choice for lobster, esp. if you want a 2-4 pound lobster, because they have them. It's very touristy, with lots of activity. It is not an intimate restaurant, but great for large families and large parties. It had the best lobster bisque I had ever tasted. I would go back, just for that!

1  Thank CalliopeClio
Reviewed February 10, 2013

When we go back to the Cape (and we will since we have family living there) we'll go here again. It's everything you'd expect if you're from out West and you're going East. I had the clam chowder in a bread bowl and Lobster & Avocado Appetizer. I am drooling just from the memory. My husband had a huge pan roasted lobster and he looked like he was in heaven. We had almost no wait time and the atmosphere was perfect for us. We could see the ocean and the waiter was so professional and warm at the same time. I'd rate this higher than 5 stars if I only could.

1  Thank CC A
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Another favorite of our friends and us! Great fun. Wonderful experience every time. Busy, and still, quick service if you want to get back to the PTown life! No trouble if you want to chill and kickback during your meal.

1  Thank Kemea T
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This Ptown restaurant is a necessity and I mean why not? You have traveled to the tip of Cape Cod,, endured the traffic and just shook your head at all the shops along the way. Not to mention some pretty wild sights along Commercial Street: Art, Music, eateries, cafe's,,allow me to be your constant companion, GO TO LOBSTER POT,,, at least once. And please go at sun set. Grab a table in the back if you can,, sit alone or with friends and take in the sunset. There is nothing like it. Simply awe inspiring.

Boats gently rocking, sand castles constructed, owners playing catch with their pets, the lovely smell of broiled, baked or grilled fish, broth simmering, wine is poured as you listen to various accents echo about the room as you decide what to order. It all reads like it's gona taste fabulous and guess what?

It all does.

Right down to the pad of butter you choosse to butter, your home made bread. Fish so fresh it needs a Dentyne. A variety of chowders, lobster, crab, steaks, salads, scallops, shrimp, cod, scrod (on my god!) flounder and blues ( but you can't sing them in here)" really no point to it. Life is good.

And don't forget the oysters, Wellfleet's pride.

This unique mainstay of Ptown will haunt you year after year. But I have a remedy for that,, buy a painting or photograph and hang it on your wall.

Mid January, steal a glance and remember soon you will be one of the subjects waiting in a short active line, taking a step back into the Pot. However when you come out you will want to go back in...again, year after year after year. Let's face it, your're cooked.

1  Thank vincepalm