“Fresh seafood.”

Lobster Pot
Ranked #10 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open mid April through last November..."A Provincetown tradition" to those visiting the Outer Cape., our two waterfront dining roomsprovide the harbor view while our full menu, served all day, offers the finest & freshest in seafood,Portuguese specialties, steaks, poultry, vegetarian and light fare. Cocktails served in the "TOP" of thePot bar...famous for our Bloody Mary's & Signature Drinks.. Home of Tim's award winning Clam Chowder.ZAGAT Survey...Top Restaurants on Cape Cod.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had lunch at the Lobster Pot the day before Thanksgiving. Most places were either closed or had very few customers, but this place was busy. I had the lobster roll that came with some homemade potato salad. The roll was pretty good, but it could have been better if the roll was toasted or grilled. The potato salad was quite good. My wife had the Claim Bake, which came with a 1.25 lb. lobster, mussels, clam chowder, salad, bread and potatoes, but no clams. The lobster was very fresh, mussels were tasty and chowder was very good. The server was very friendly and the price of $30 for the clam bake was reasonable. Overall, an excellent dinning experience.

1  Thank BigFishDiveClub
Write a ReviewReviews (3,208)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for lunch the other day, we decided to split the Fried Sea Food Platter. It was very good, the platter consisted of fish that was light & flaky, juicy baby shrimp, small whole belly clams, and a large portion of tender calamari. The meal came with a salad of mixed greens and assorted bread basket. Add in a couple of sodas the total was $32 - surprisingly no plate charge for splitting the meal! So overall we were very please with the meal with the additional bonus of a wonderful view of the P-town Harbor.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Some people complain that this is a tourist trap, and I guess, in-season, it probably is. It's been there forever and has a great sign. I often go here in May ... when I take an annual pre-Memorial Day trip to the Cape.

But I was there in November and while there was a smattering of tourists there on a Saturday night, there was also lots of locals, known to staff by name.

They have a great selection of wine-by-the-gass. As usual the food was top notch. We had baked filet of sole and grilled salmon. It was prepared perfectly and delicious. I even bought frozen lobster bisque to bring home.

They have a kids menu, but there was no little one while I was there in November even though it was only 6:30 when we arrived. I was with a teen and there were other teens there, too.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Service is excellent, view is outstanding, food is very good. However it is very expensive. Good for a special occasion but there are better values elsewhere in P-Town

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went for lunch this weekend. Hostess initially sat my wife but, unbidden, moved her when a window table opened up. For the view and the quality of the food I think the cost was appropriate. The 3 items we ordered were all seafood items and while the portions were maybe smaller than you can get elsewhere you wouldn't be sitting overlooking the beach in PTown eating them. Oftimes we find waterfront restaurants get by on their location and don't do a great job with the food. We thought the menu and the wine choices showed thought and care. Still a must when in town. I will agree with others that the Lobster panini looked a little light on lobster but we didn't have one. We had mussels which we enjoyed, sauteed calamari was good and the seaclam cake. The cake was good but it all seemed too busy served with a mayonaise consistency bernaise. The sauce was ok but we didn't think it worked together. Maybe a hollandaise or just lemon wedges...???