“Great grilled tuna and fun view”

Bubala's by the Bay
Ranked #41 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The hostess was able to seat us promptly on a very busy night. We loved sitting outside and being the table very close to the street. People watching on a nice summer night makes this the place to go. I ordered a salad and added tuna. The portion size of tune for $6 was a good deal and it was cooked just right. The tuna seemed very fresh and came out being my favorite seafood for the whole trip. The salad lacked salad dressing, walnuts and character. Without the tuna that salad would have been a strike out. Just add more dressing and more goodies on the salad and problem solved. The server was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I came in with friends during Carnival Week this year.... while you couldn't get a table on the patio without waiting, there was a great corner booth with water views waiting for us inside. And since it was cool outdoors, we preferred to sit inside anyhow. Our waitress "Claire" was friendly and competent. One friend ordered a black Russian cocktail, and my other friend and I had house margaritas with rocks & salt. For food my friends each had the gorgonzola salad: greens, gorgonzola, walnuts, dried cranberries and vinaigrette dressing. It was a good sized portion and they enjoyed them very much. I had a cup of a carrot/leek creamy soup: it was very good and only needed salt & pepper to taste. For entrees one friend had a burger & fries; the other had salmon with fresh beets and rice. I ordered a linguine pasta with tomato, onion, garlic and parmesan. All 3 of us enjoyed our meals very much.

Without tax or tip, our meal came to $125.00, which is not even close to the most expensive meal you can have in Provincetown. I love Bubala's, and will go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is a "go-to" restaurant for my husband and I each time we visit P-town. After a long drive, it is very relaxing to sit outside, be able to do a little "people watching" and have great burgers and drinks!! Good is great and waiter actually remembered us from last year! How great is that!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Hostess started the meal off with warmth and high expectations. I have never had the HOSTESS make me want to eat at a restaurant until now. She was warm n friendly seated us right away at a great table.
The waiter was equally awesome. I can not imagine this level of service any where else.
The appetizers were great. The food was execllent and we had leftovers to take away.
Even the bread brought was top notch.

You all could give lessons in how to treat diners like friends!!!
I totally recommend this place for eating. Just awesome all around!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had my first lobster roll here and loved it. Really nice fries too. Lovely outdoor seating where you could easily people watch and see the world go by. The waiter was friendly and served us quickly. Overall a great experience and would return if I was in the area again.