“Good atmosphere and food”

Bubala's by the Bay
Ranked #22 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was a little skeptical when I first got to the restaurant as the Maitre D looked at me and proceeded to walk away to talk to another staff member (they were talking and laughing). He finally came back to me and I was seated quickly. The menu choices are good and the food came quickly. It was wonderful. The waitress was very friendly and the view is good (right by the road so you see everyone walking up and down the street.

The only down-side to my experience here was the Maitre D.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Interesting decor and nice outdoor seating area. However, for our lunch, the food was average (hard to ruin steamers) and in some cases quite poor (bottle dressings, quesadilla buried in canned black beans, overcooked veggies, etc.). My kids even didn't like the fries. Worst meal we had in a week and a half of vacation. While I'm sure it is a fun place to watch people with a beer in hand under the heat lamps, the food is just.... ugh.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

it was so crowded, with a 30 minute wait for an outdoor table, that we opted to eat inside. A sterile, ugly room with no redeeming features. The hot lobster roll was dry. The curried tuna salad was prosaic. We ate and ran.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We originally went to eat here because we could bring our dog and eat outdoors as well.
It's been a few years since we ate here, so the prices did jump a bit. However the quality was far better than we remembered. My husband had the fish and chips which was a huge portion and he loved it. My son enjoyed the lobster salad sliders. I had the mussels which were fabulous.
Service was wonderful and we still had money left to go for ice cream at Ptown scoops!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

While visiting Cape Cod, we ate at Bubala's by the Bay. They have good hamburgers and salads. Much of the fun is siting outside and watching the people strolling by since they are smack dab in the center of downtown!!