“A favorite in Ptown”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been going to the Red Inn for 10 years - and I have never been let down by a meal here. I consider the cuisine sort of new American. I visited on July 2, and started with a Ruby Red martini! Nice! I moved on to the appetizer: ceviche, which was a house special that day. The dish was perfectly balanced with citrus and coriander (or cilantro) and served with toasted chips. Dinner was a 16 ounce flavorful pork chop that was perfectly cooked! What else could you ask for? We were seated by one of the windows facing the bay, and watched the sun go down. Absolutely wonderful ambience inside, and the service was excellent. I had not business ordering dessert - but I did because I knew it was going to be just as delicious as the meal! It was one of the chocolate desserts. Perfectly rich and ended the whole meal experience on a wonderfully sweet note! I will be going back to the Red Inn every single time I'm in Ptown!

1  Thank RickinNYC

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our meal at the Red Inn was the highlight of our trip to Provincetown. The restaurant is classic New England charm and elegance, but not at all stuffy. The steamed clams were delicious. We drank every drop of broth in the bowl. The lamb chops with mashed potatoes was one of the most memorable entrees I've had in a while. The scallops with orzo were also excellent. For dessert, we shared a delicious cheesecake. The cocktails were also excellent. After dinner, customers take their drinks to the bay-front porch and sit in adirondack chairs. Very memorable.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

A P'town classic!
The Red Inn only gets better with time. A great menu. A terrific wine list. The view can't be baet. Start with a cocktail on the deck and proceed from there. A feast for all the senses!

1  Thank HillTraveller
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The service was a little lax and inattentive this time, hopefully a fluke. Also, the crowd was less sophisticated than in the past, but this was pre-season. Fortunately, the ambiance and food are still superb. We loved the Panko Coated Fried Shrimp, Lobster Corn Chowder, Tea-Smoked Duck with Savory Bread Pudding, Lamb Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Cheesecake, and Vanilla Ice Cream.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Fabulous views and Adirondacks. Good selection of nice wines and cocktails. You are not allowed to order food and sit outside so that made it awkward to rotate inside to eat some shrimp cocktail while your party held your outdoor seat. If that changed, would be at the top of our list for happy hour.