“It started as a surprise birthday celebration and I was the one surprised!”

The Red Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were to meet six others for a surprise dinner for one of my best friend's best friend and as usual we arrived early so we had a cocktail on the deck right on Provincetown Harbor. This was 7:00 and the guest were to arrive at 7:30. The drinks were excellent, I had my usual classic gin martini, shaken not stirred, and the atmosphere was friendly and casual. What can go wrong when you are right on the water. We were seated at 8:30, promptly served but not rushed. My partner had the a la carte lobster tail with fries and asparagus and I had the chicken breast with mashed potatoes and green beans. We were both very pleased as it was done to perfection. Everyone else also raved about their meals. I have only one complaint and that it was a little dark to read the menu, thank goodness for smart phones with flashlights. On the whole we cannot wait to eat there again and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I've had dinner at The Red Inn many times. The food has always been good, but the last visit was excellent! The duck with vegetable bread pudding is probably the best meal I've ever eaten in Ptown! Of course, the view is excellent, but I still wouldn't mind the addition of air conditioning!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We loved spending our Saturday afternoon looking at the stunning views and watching the sea come in . Started with some interesting Rose lemonades and progressed to some interesting Watermelon Martini and Gin concoctions that had been infused with EarlGrey tea. A good venue to let the world drift by ....

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were just there on Friday for a group 50th birthday reunion with all of our college girlfriends. There were 8 of us. Our server was excellent, as was the food and the view. We were squeezed into a round table in the corner....not very comfortable but it was a busy Friday. Our bill was just under $800--we had apps, salads, entrees, desserts, drinks, wine. We were paying when 2 friends went to the restroom and were stopped by a manager. He said, 'we only booked your table for you for 2 hours and you've already gone over that.' Basically, he told us we needed to leave. My friend complained to the host and another member of mgmt. The host was apologetic. The other guy was as rude as the first. When we apologized to the waitress saying, 'we hope you didn't get into trouble' she didn't know what we were talking about. The whole situation points to poor management. For a party of 8 you should expect that they might be celebrating something and could be there a while. You also should work with your server to manage the time the diners are there...for example, if they needed the table they could have treated us to dessert in the lounge, or any other number of options. Instead, after we spent nearly $800 in their establishment they basically told us to get out. We won't be back. There are too many nice places in P-town we can go to and be appreciated.

3  Thank LuckyfromKY
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We came for quick Bloody Mary's and Raw Bar-both were perfect with a window table! Get the Wellfleet Oysters, Bloody Mary, and Lobster Tail-u will love it!

1  Thank Eahrt