“Potential, but”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Coventry, Rhode Island
“Potential, but”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our fourth visit in ten years and I confess I was disappointed. Perhaps because we'd been "wowed" on previous visits? Maybe. The kitchen has been updated since our last visit and the bar and dining room have been restructured..all to the good. The food was top shelf and made it worth the trip to the West End of town. The speedbumps were in the ambiance and service. I'm an older guy, but still can read without glasses..but I can't read without light and even the dinky little candle (that eventually arrived from the next table) didn't throw enough light to read the menu. Then there was the up-tempo music hulking about above the din. There are no drapes or carpeting, so noise tends to be a tad louder than one might expect in an upscale place. (I have also been there when light jazz was providing a nice backdrop and was perfect). Then there was the service. Perhaps the summer crew had all bailed and the replacements were getting their feet wet...but our server was clearly disinterested in what he was doing. It took him fifteen minutes to take our meal order after he delivered our drink order. Perhaps by design? Sorry, we decided not to have a second round...although that might have made me a bit more mellow. I'll accept that perhaps we caught the Red Inn on an "off" night., because we have dined there when they have exceeded expectations....but we are going to think twice before heading back.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Redd Inn restaurant, Provincetown, MA.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Once again I had the pleasure of hainv dinner at the wonderful Red Inn Restaurant in Provincetown, Mass. The service was attentive, but not overbearing or hovering, the food was of excellent quality and taste, and the athmosphere and view fantastic. A great place to truly dine while on vacation. I look forward to going there again.

• Visited August 2012
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Best in Provincetown”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This historic inn is right on the harbor with water views, great bar and incredible food. Service is great.

Visited September 2012
Centerville, Massachusetts
“Very good food and beautiful waterfront location.”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

When I entered the restaurant, I fell in love with the atmosphere, location and the customer service. The overhead music set the stage for a nice romantic brunch on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. My husband and I received our cocktails promptly and were able to spend time for photographs on the outside deck overlooking the bay while we waited for our main course. The food was very good, but the white chocolate bread pudding was to die for! The whole experience was very enjoyable. I definitely will go back to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and a great view”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It's a bit outside of the main strip in P-town if you're on foot (about 10 to 15 minutes walk), but it's worth it. The food is delicious, and the view of the bay is lovely.

Visited September 2012