“You can get chowder and oysters anywhere- go elsewhere”

Vorelli's Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I started reading the Yelp reviews as we were sitting there waiting for our server to arrive. ( I know but it was 100 degrees outside and it looked fine)

"Oh great" I said to BF-" maybe we should leave?" He said we're already sitting so lets wait. And wait we did for 10 minutes for the server to come over and ask if we wanted something to drink. He was very frazzled, and I think there were only 2 servers in the restaurant. It's small (no strollers allowed) but they had 2 big parties of 5-10 people.

Bartender looked surly as we walked in - no acknowledgement- woman outside with menus was pleasant (why we went in) and sat us immediately.

We ordered a dozen oysters (from Hyannis) that were good- but not cold enough for me. However, they were $1.50 ea compared to $2+ elsewhere. Then we had bowls of white chowder- pretty good, not the best but certainly not the worst. Then we split a steak tips sandwich. It was actual steak tips, not shaved steak, but there were only a few small steak tips, tons of mushrooms and then oddly a piece of American chees that looked like it had been microwaved on. I was able to pull it off in 1 piece. Blechh.

Server was ok, not the friendliest but not rude. All in all, I would not go back. They need to work on their people skills in the house (although the woman server we saw seemed much more pleasant than our server).

And the food- well any place has oysters and clam chowder, The steak sandwich was overcooked (BTY they do NOT cook any meat anything other than medium to medium well- a concept I call lazy in a actual restaurant that's not a chain) and tasteless. Nest time I will check out Yelp and find a better place.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We ducked into Vorelli's to get out of the heat. The lighting is dim, and they played classical music, very relaxing. Surprisingly, the service was fantastic. Our server was right there, made sure we had water immediately (sometimes you can expire from thirst waiting in other restaurants....) and voluntarily provided useful input regarding menu choices. Very personable.

The food was strictly average, and a bit high priced. I had a lobster salad, which basically was lobster salad (about enough for a lobster roll), on top of maybe a cup of mixed greens. For $18 I was expecting a bit more greens, I guess. The lobster itself was good, no complaints. The oysters were nice and fresh, at the usual price point.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went for lunch and had kobe burger and lobster roll. The lobster roll was so-so. I've had much better. The kobe burger seemed previously frozen but it was quite edible.
The atmosphere is fun with lots of wood surrounding and reminds me of places in Boston (which I love.)
The service was friendly and excellent.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had the Boursin, the Bleu cheese, both with caramelized onions. Delicious burgers. Service was excellent as well and this was the the Fourth of July-Provincetown..it gets a little crazy. We tried Stoli-Doli for a cocktail and were disappointed in the medicinal taste of that overcame the slight hint of pineapple. Try one if you're Stoli disciple. See what you think.
We take our cocktails seriously.
They had plenty of other drink selections and enough entree specials to try so we're going back to Vorelli's. The tavern decor is comfortable, ask for a booth if available.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a party of 5 that left this restaurant after being seated and then not being acknowledged after 15 minutes.
We went directly across the street and got very good food and service - and that establishment was very happy to take our $ 125