“Fresh food, nice setting, friendly staff.”
Review of Devon's - CLOSED

Devon's
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Modern American food with global influences utilizing local and seasonal ingredients. We have lots of vegan options too. The dining room is a glam Hollywood Regency style affair. The "On The Rocks " bar is an upcycled boat with teak bar top and stone foot rest.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We love the other "Devon's" on Commercial Street so we decided to try its sister restaurant, located about half a mile away in the West End. We made reservations and were welcomed and seated immediately at a somewhat tiny window table. Our server was wonderful: friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The menu is divided into "Old School" and "New School", an interesting concept. We shared an appetizer of Guanciale Wrapped Shrimp, which was fabulous. I ordered the roasted 1/2 chicken (love fish, but needed a change) while my partner ordered cod poached in olive oil. My chicken was wonderful: moist and full of flavor. My partner's cod was very good, but seemed a bit overcooked. We had a really good meal; no complaints, but we both prefer Devon's on Commercial. Prices are within reason and their wine list in interesting. We will return. Hint: when making reservations ask for a booth.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is my new favorite for breakfast in Provincetown. My son (11 years old) and I like to ride our bikes to different places and check out the breakfast. It's fantastic. Very friendly waiter, terrific menu, it works for my son who loves the chocolate chip pancakes and for me who loves Steel cut oatmeal and fruit in the morning. Excellent location.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Devon's on Commercial Street has long been one of my favorite restaurants in PTown. He is an amazingly creative chef for dinner and his breakfasts are among the best in PTown. So after not having been in his restaurant for two years and hearing he had a new restaurant on Bradford St., we decided to try it for brunch one morning. All I can say is that Devon has a home run here. Aside from the reaslly great welcome Devon himself provides (he has an amazing ability to remember details about his customers, even after not having seem them for a while, and welcome them "home" and I noticed that he treated new guests the same way), the food is terrific.

At Deep Sea dive, the decor is much cleaner and neater than at Devon's on Commercial Street and the atmosphere is very up beat and friendly. Best of all, since he owns this property, he's able to present his menu at a bit lower price point, making it a great value as well as a great meal. The brunch did not disappoint in the least - I had a featured omelet and my partner had his breakfast burrito. Both were exquisitely prepared and the total experience was relaxed, pleasant and satisfying. Best of all, since the space is much larger than his space on Commerical and its a bit out of the way, the wait time is less - though there was one the whole morning. It's clear that although this location is a bit of a trek by foot or car, it's a trek I'll be making again and again when I visit PTown.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The food, especially the sea food, is the main reason to go here. Nice place, very friendly host, eccentric waiter. Cod fish sticks, swordfish, baby back ribs were all excellent. Good beer on bottles. Ask for the Sunfish from Sea Dog Brewing Company for an excellent, citrusy wheat beer, even if it's not on the list.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Special 4th of July breakfast for my wife's birthday - first time there - loved the old Tips for Tops at that location. Was not disappointed - Beth had the corned beef hash - not the dog food looking stuff out of the can but real corned beef, seasoned excellent, with two perfect eggs on top and great sourdough toast. I had the smoked salmon, bagel, onions, capers, cream cheese etc. plate - just perfect, loved it. Beth liked it so much she went back the next day with our neighbors!!

Only suggestion - open at 7, instead of 8 - a lot of people, locals like us, that would make it worth it!