“Best fish sandwich ever”
Review of Cafe Heaven

Cafe Heaven
Ranked #25 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Tiny place but fantastic food. We changed our whole order based on waiter's recommendation. Great food and a fun place to eat. Worth standing in line outside.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

There's a reason there's a wait at this place for Sunday brunch. Delicious cornmeal pancakes, yummo eggs Benedict, Bloody Mary's top the list. Everything is fresh and flavorful. Nice service and a crowded, yet cozy atmosphere make for a wonderful way to kick-start a day.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have had brunch here amny times and loved it. I have waitied for a table with no problem and times, not had to wait. Thius trip I went twice, once was great and worth the trip but the service was rude. Next time I went we did not sit down because we were not welcome there. There were several empty tables for 4 but we werew two so we were told to wait until a two table became available. But watching three empty tables for 4 sit there while I waited outside was just riudiculous. So we left and vowed not to return. I tried to talk to the manager but she was as short sighted as the hostess. SO while you waited for 4, you lost 2 for good. I hope it paid off.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Cafe Heaven is one of P Town's favorite spots for the breakfast crowd. Even mid week during the slow season (Sept) I had to wait for a table. It's very popular at breakfast time!
The room is small, maybe a bit bland but has some great local art on the walls. The staff is friendly and seem to enjoy working here.
I had blueberry pancakes they were delicious and full of berries.
My only complaint was that the presentation lacked - just two pancakes, sprinkled with powered sugar served on a white plate - not much for the eye!
This is great spot for breakfast in P Town.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Decent food, but I recommend going elsewhere for brunch (Fanizzi's, Edwige, etc).

Here's why--

My aunt and I went to brunch here and ordered dishes that came with your choice of arugula or homefries. We each chose the homefries, because really, what good are eggs without homefries?

Our dishes arrived with arugula instead of homefries, so we alerted our server. He went into the kitchen, came back out, and said that he was sorry, but they ran out of homefries and didn't tell him. Understandable--they were probably scaling back their orders for the end of the season--but it would have been nice to have known beforehand, because I would've gotten something else (pancakes!).

My aunt asked if they could just take a couple dollars off the bill to make up for it, so our server went to go talk to the manager/owner/whatever.

The manager/owner/whatever came over to our table and apologized. My aunt said that's okay--can you just take a couple dollars off the bill.

"We don't do that," he said. "The arugula and homefries are the same price. Everyone else has been really understanding about it." My aunt protested politely, and then he said "I think you're being ridiculously picky."

Okay, you ran out of homefries. Totally understandable. But we didn't order arugula, and it's a completely different side dish. So they should have taken a couple of dollars off. In the end it's not a huge deal, but it would have been a nice gesture--something that almost any other restaurant would have done.

The waiter was very nice and apologetic about everything--but the owner or manager or whatever was pretty rude.