“Local pub”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Local pub”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

This place is more for locals than tourists. It reminds me of a pub where I live, nothing special unless you are a local. The food was good and as soon as the waitress realized we weren't like regular tourists she was very nice and funny. I would probably go back again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Poor Service and Rude Bartender”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My friends and I ate at the Squealing Pig last evening and even with the poor reviews here on Trip Advisor we were shocked by poor service and rude bartender.

We ordered food and drinks, nearly begging for water, then beer and then oysters. Our waitress sat down at a table and was talking to a friend and we had to go get her attention if we wanted anything and we were met with attitude with every request.

When we went to pay, even with the poor service we tipped 15% (which was not earned), however the bartender left the bar and came to us as we were departing and asked why we didnt tip more. We explained we thought we were generous given the very poor service and his response was "this is not the customary amount".

We will not go back to this terrible establishment and recommend you do not as well. With so many really good places in Ptown, almost anywhere else would be a better choice.

1 Thank tedhart
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“This is supposed to be a dive bar?”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Through reading reviews on this and other sites as well as personal recommendations I was kinda excited to go to the Pig. Being a New Orleanian I am well versed in the realm of 'dive bars'. I'm certain that somewhere in the p-town area there is some crummy building where old fishermen gather for cheap beer and whiskey shots but the pig is definitely not that place. It's brightly lit and has glossy menus. This is not a dive bar. The food was pretty mediocre with the exception of the fried chicken which was terrible. It's very clear that they fry chicken in the same pans as seafood because the chicken tasted like seafood. One of our travelers had the curry dish which he said was good but made his stomach upset later. The staff weren't particularly friendly and seemed to just want us in and out. Overall I would say skip the pig.

Clearwater, Florida
“Don't let the name turn you away”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This is a nice place. Remember, You are in a bar. The customers and staff were friendly.
My partner and I stopped in to have some lunch and were very pleased with everything.
I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, Now I know why the place is called the Squealing Pig (LOL)...The sandwich was wonderful. This has become a stop for us when we are in PTown.

Provincetown, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go past what the name implies @ The Pig”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Not once have I had a bad, or even close to bad, meal at this restaurant. they were closed for a short time for renovations this winter, and they were open again today. I found that their chef has been there for 9 years now. I always avoided the pig, thinking it was a p/town dive (because of the name) well I take that back, 1000 times. Happy, courteous, fast staff and outrageous food. try the shepard pie!!!