“Okay of you're drunk. If not, beware.”
Review of Squealing Pig

Squealing Pig
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2009

The name alone doesn't exaclty shout class. The place is nothing more then a dumpy bar with some seating and bar grub. Burgers, clam strips, fried shrimp etc... Nothing fancy but nothing good either. Skip this place if you can. The service is rude and to add insult to injury, it's way overpriced.

1  Thank TonyLINY
There are newer reviews for Squealing Pig

Reviewed March 25, 2009

We ate at the Squealing Pig in 2006 and loved it, so we made a point to go back there with family the night before our wedding (3/22/09) for a nice meal. The place had been newly "remodeled" and didn't feel as cozy as remembered, the food was way over-priced for what is basically pub fare, and the waitress was cold, unfriendly, didn't crack a smile once and inattentive. What was supposed to be a nice experience at a restaurant we had remembered so fondly and gushed about to our family was ruined. To the waitstaff at the Pig: Get over yourselves!

2  Thank Fretsy
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I am actually surprised at any positive reviews for this place. Service was slow and the food was terrible and so overpriced. We had a lobster melt and it was cold and blah. I felt sick when we left. Don't bother!

1  Thank alpLewes
Reviewed June 16, 2008

We ate various times at this bar/restaurant and most of the times is was OK - nothing extraordinary, but standard bar food. And given the prices usually high from the Cape, I would say, this is one of the cheaper places to eat.

The local is rather dark and very simple furnished, and it is the bartenders who usually play the waiter roles too.

If you are looking for a fancy dinner, this is probably not the place for you. But if you are looking for a fast bite, where you don't need a reservation, you will probably be pretty happy here.

1  Thank andreiuta
Reviewed May 19, 2008

This place was a bit hard to find. After we checked the address and looked at the street numbers we got there, and discovered we'd walked past it a few times already because it didn't have any obvious signs.

I'm a beer fan so I was pleased that this pub had a long beer menu with tasting notes about all the choices. We settled for the 'Lost Sailor IPA' which was smoother and less hoppy than I've come to expect of IPA here, but tasty enough that we had a second round!

The food was also good. The menu featured typical pub style items but there were some interesting choices like a fish sandwich with bacon on it.

I had a 'Hog Burger', which had bacon, gorgonzola and caramelized onion on it. The burger was done just right, having a powerful flavor and oozing meaty juices when I bit into it. My wife had the 'Fish Fry', which included some well flavored haddock.

Overall an enjoyable Sunday lunch.

2  Thank edward3h