“good food”

Ranked #42 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

First night went there and had dinner...casual, good price, great pizza and tasty comfort food. Loved that all the locals ate there which is always a good sign.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Had the Portuguese Kale Soup---totally awesome! Prices were the most reasonable out of the one's that were open pre-season. Had 1 1/4 lbs of Lobster for $15!!! Food was all very good, atmosphere isnt anything special but the waitress was pretty timely and the booths were clean and not all ripped up! Just good prices and a place to sit and chat with your friends. Would definitely recommend it if you're on a budget but want some authentic New England sit down food.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Place was friendly and clean.
Ordered their special (fried flounder sandwich). Came with a cup of kale soup, very hearty, delicious, filling!, a medium drink, and a nice bag of chips. The sandwich was alright, no seasoning, just tartar sauce, but fresh hot good. Fiancee ordered a calamari appetizer (alright), and cod sandwich, which tasted exactly like my flounder! Maybe a kitchen mix up?)
Our waiter was nice. We ordered deserts, brownie w/ ice cream for fiancee (biggest and tastiest brownie!), and Indian molasses pudding w/ice cream for me. I loved it, such a huge portion and great flavor, very filling! Wish I could have that everyday!
Our bill was about 43 bucks, which I thought was a very good deal for the amount of food we consumed.
We will be coming back.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

It had very good food at a reasonable price and the the service was fast and efficient. Right in the middle of all the action in town.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've been to the Mayflower several times. It's nothing fancy, but the food and service are good. I enjoy sharing the peel and eat shrimp, which can be ordered in different quantities. I wish they didn't take the "Firecracker Salmon" off the menu, because that was my favorite. It's a deal compared to most places on Commercial Street, and they offer a decent selection of seafood and Portuguese cooking. My friend loved the fish parmesan, which is a rare find. Everything is always fresh, and the staff is hospitable. I like a place where you can order wine by a half carafe. It's not fine dining, but it's casual comfort.