“Good food, good price!”

Ranked #34 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I first walked into the restaurant I almost walked out right away because it looked dark and outdated. I decided to give it a chance and I am glad I did. The service was good and quick. The menu was varied and very affordable. I had a delicious lobster dinner for only half the price of what other restaurants in the area charge. My boyfriend had the seafood casserole and he too was very happy with it. Would definitely go back again!

There are newer reviews for Mayflower Cafe

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

An expensive area, and this diner was just average. The lobster looked great, but didn't have it. Interesting the number of young Europeans as servers. Would go back for a sandwich.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We almost didn't go in here because it looked like a tired, family restaurant. The l4.99$ lobster dinner caught my eye. Boiled lobster with lots of drawn butter is simple but heavenly. We decided that something this simple could be good. The lobster was boiled perfectly and the drawn butter was enough for 3 people. It came with a baked potato and a salad of baby greens. The only false note was that the greens were drowning in the dressing. So, if you order your dressing on the side, you have an excellent lobster dinner at a very affordable price.

Additionally, our waitress, here from a Baltic country for the season, was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Since we had no specific restaurants in mind while in town, we happened upon the Mayflower when several other restaurants were closed. While certainly not fancy, we found the menu to be pretty well rounded. Service was good. They did seem to have more staff than they needed for that time of year though. My partner had the fried lobster, which he had heard about but never tried. The flavor was very good but the meat was a bit tough. However, I'm not sure if this is just a result of frying lobster meat, or the way this particular meal was cooked. I had the Portuguese baked chicken, which was wonderful. A large fried chicken breast in a tasty sauce with peppers, onions, and vinegar, which really brought out the flavor. Would definitely go again, and probably get the same thing.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here expecting it to be the best seafood family restaurant had to offer. However, the menu was limited to the classic seafood dishes (prepared their original way). Although I do enjoy tonic food, this restaurant was not advertised as being Portuguese until you read the menu. My clam strips were improperly breaded and I could tell that they had previously been frozen. Fries were the best part of my dish.