“Pricey food and drinks, rundown look and feel.”

Governor Bradford Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A barker outside announcing half off second entrees should have tipped us off to this place.
Dank, dark and musty inside. We chose the patio.
Ordered a glass of white wine for $8 and they served it in one of those itsy bitsy little glasses that are meant for aperitifs. Literally three sips and it was gone. Not good wine either. The margarita was made with the sugury sweet premix stuff.
For a restaurant charging $25 and up for its entrees, it's alot to ask someone to stick around when you start them off with a 2 oz pour of cheap wine. We left before ordering food. Judging from some other reviews and the food that was being served, im glad we did.

1  Thank Wearytraveleratlanta

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped in for breakfast. We dined outdoors seated near the street. A great view of people walking down Commercial street. We ordered bloody Mary's with our meals. Not the best Bloody Mary in town but not he worse either. The price was good.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had originally wanted to go to the Lobster Pot in P-town but oh my goodness, the price was too much to pay. Across the street, the host for this place advertised half-price 2nd entree and we were sold! The waitresses were very friendly. I could not decide which dressing to have for my salad and she brought me both on the side so I could try. The price was decent for the main meals, we had a seafood platter (fried seafood - shrimp, fish, calamari, scallop) as well as the seafood cakes with lobster in butter sauce, which was actually quite delicious! The seafood cakes had a mix of fish and shellfish with not too much binder (breadcrumbs etc) and it looked like I had lobster meat from 2 claws. The 2nd entree for half price made this an affordable place to eat in P-town. It was a nice surprise.

1  Thank 514Dale
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a locals bar in my opinion. It is a big place and great for when you want the complete opposite of a club atmosphere or overpriced meal/drinks like many places in town. I recently had lobster alfredo here and I can say that I could not finish all of the big pieces of lobster in it. In the summer they do drag karaoke several nights a week, which is quite fun but a bit too loud for a place with such low ceilings. The service here is friendly and we view it as a good spot to relax from the rest of the P-town grind.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stopped here the food is okay, dinner quality. Nice affordable option though for a quick bite before going to a bar or a show. Service was good and we were seated promptly.