“Quick and Caring”

Ranked #82 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were waiting for our whale watch in Provincetown, and found the Gov. Bradford to be just what we needed at lunchtime. Our waitress was very kind and attentive to the grandchildren, and our food was tasty, from scallop roll to lobster roll to chowders and bisque. Lobster wontons were also good, as was the Cape Cod Reuben.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had come here before. We love the Drag Karaoke. It is always such a good time. We got there about half an hour before the entertainment started so figured we would eat a small snack to pass the time. We ordered the cheese fries and were mortified! The cheese was bad. The texture was like if you cook fondue too high. It was gritty and disgusting. His beer was expired by about three months and mine was nine months past the sell by date. We had an amazing time with the karaoke but we will definitely not be eating or drinking anything from here again. Consider yourself warned.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a blemish on our vacation. The wait was excruciating and our server was in inattentive and oblivious. The experience was extremely hard with a toddler but I am very pleased that she did not eat her food now that I see reviews mentioning food borne illness. My husbands lobster roll was hysterically small (sorry, honey!). Overall the wait was obnoxious, food portions awful but tasted okay, and it was unclear whether the staff knew they were working
Fingers crossed we won't get sick! P.S. the bathroom smells foul. There is an apologetic note on the mirror, but still... It stinks.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We enjoyed cocktails & a beer at the bar. Cool & refreshing. Unfortunately missed the buck a shuck deal that ended at 5PM.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were walking down the sidewalk with our dog when an employee let us know that they have a special seating area for people with dogs. We thought the place seemed nice enough so we decided to have lunch there. We were seated outside in a nice patio area and our dog was brought water right away. Our server was very nice. We ate the lobster raviolis (per our server's request) and two lobster rolls. We also ended up having a few beers. The food was pretty good. I'm pretty sure the appetizer was frozen and we had better lobster rolls elsewhere. I was kind of floored that our bill ended up being over $70, but this was our first meal in PTown and I'd end up learning that it's kind of standard there. Yikes. Anyways, it was nice to eat at a place so hospitable towards pets and I really love outdoor eating.