“Eat and Expand Your Cooking & Dining Horizons”

Front Street Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This not your typical big city Italian Restaurant. The 1st time I ate fresh calamari paired with pasta was here 15 years ago. I was hooked since I love seafood.

Then years later I tried and loved their fried chick peas sautéed with spinach. So I practiced my own version at home.

This visit I ordered a side of their creamy polenta. Another new experience. It was so delicious that I'm going to learn how to prepare polenta at home.

Although my entree - the braised filet mignon and boneless short ribs (natural juice gravy) over pasta and served within a ring of steamed broccoli florets was tasty, the texture and flavor of the polenta captured me.

This is what Front Street does to me, a food lover and cooking enthusiast. It motivates me to try to eat and cook new things.

I'm not a fan of today's dimly lit restaurants but my dining experiences here have kept me coming.

You bread aficionados - see if you can detect what's in the Italian rub for the small slices of bread served. Rosemary, salt, sage? plus _____

This

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant at all times of the year and it never disappoints!!!

The mozzarella and tomato special and the lobster scampi appetizers start your meal off in such the right and succulent ways! The mozzarella melts in your mouth with the fresh basil and prosciutto.

For entrees I must admit that we were a little suspect about having a butternut squash ravioli at the beginning of the summer when the waitstaff recommended it as a favorite amongst the raviolis. Incredible.

Oh, and the veal saltimbocca Wow!!!
Just tops!

1  Thank SchiemyK
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Took some advice from a local and he couldn't have been more right! Tiny place, very busy on Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and it was very good. Good food, good service. We will be back!

1  Thank mep1128
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The food here is awesome! Reservations book up quickly and there's a reason for that! Hands down some of the best food in P-town. Don't miss!

1  Thank travelbug4518
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Finally tried the tea-smoked duck, a Front Street specialty! It didn't disappoint. Great flavor and presentation. Forced myself to move from the Italian menu, which is hard to do! My favorite meal at Front Street: clams casino, a salad, a half-order of gnocchi bolognese, and any of the Italian entrees, such as pappardelle alla casalinga, veal saltimbocca, seafood fra diablo, and on it goes. Never disappoints. Nice cocktails, great wine selection, awesome service. A perfect atmosphere for romance, catching up with friends, or enjoying family. Always one of the best meals.

2  Thank Greg P