“Hands Down, Best Restaurant in Ptown”

Front Street Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 145 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just got back from a 10 day vacation Ptown. Ate at Front Street twice. This restaurant CONSISTENTLY serves an excellent meal. I brought friends and family who have never eaten here before and both left raving about the food. The services is excellent. The waiters/waitresses know how to do their jobs well and are familiar with the menu. The lamb chops and duck are something to write home about. Hands down, this is the best restaurant in Ptown. Always make reservations ahead of time.

3  Thank Elementzzofstyle

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Year after year Front Street continues to please. The menu offers so many choices and I have never been disappointed. The service is impeccable. In my opinion this is Ptown's best!

2  Thank Fvp_11
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had an early dinner at Front Street on a Friday night. The resaturant is right on the main downtown street in Provincetown, near lots of shopping and not far from the ferry terminal. The decor reminded me of one of the old family restaurants my grandparents liked: a bit crowded, mismatched light fixtures, lots of dark wood, dim lighting. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The menu is fairly large, with many pasta options. We opted to split a salad and a pasta entree, and they were completely fine with that. They even split the entree for us and served it on two plates. They also offer half bottles of wine in some good labels, a great alternative to ordering by the glass. The food was good, though if you're expecting really high-end or really noteworthy Italian cuisine, this might leave you wanting more. All in all, I'd recommend it for anyone like me, someone who finds themselves on Cape Cod but doesn't like seafood!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I had eaten at Front Street years ago and was anxious to take my partner there. After being seated our waitress took our wine and dinner order. We rarely saw her after, except when she explained to the table next to us the specials and that you could order half orders, things she never told us. The food was typical of all bad Italian restaurants, overcooked and over sauced and took forever. However when we asked for the check it was there in a flash which is a good thing because it got us out of there.

3  Thank jduggan8
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Our second trip to P-Town and our second dinner at Front Street. Very good food, market pricing, great staff.