“Ciro and Sal's is good Cape Food”
Review of Ciro & Sal's

Ciro & Sal's
Ranked #62 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Taste the best that Italy has to offer in our cozy wine cellar that has radiated charm and atmosphere for decades. At Ciro & Sal's, inspiration is born from the simple homegrown flavors and traditions of the Northern Italian cuisine. Enjoy the aroma of garlic and herbs, combined with the freshest local ingredients while dining in our dimly lit brick wine cellar. Be seated at an intimate table and settle in for an evening of extraordinary taste sensations.
CT
“Ciro and Sal's is good Cape Food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Been coming to the Cape every year for 35 years- Provincetown restaurant eating is a must during our week stay in Wellfleet- The last time we visited Ciro and Sal's was almost 8 summers ago so we were due a visit-and it did not disappoint, It is a P-Town institution and should not be passed up-

• Visited August 2013

Clifton, New Jersey
“Good food”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I enjoy going to Ciro and Sal's for good italian food. I will say the quality varies. It seems every other year it is exceptional. The other year it is great. Not a bad gamble wither way in P'town.

Visited July 2013
Schenectady, New York
“Won't Skip Ciro & Sal's Again!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been to P-town lots of times and knew something about the history and import of C&S's to the artists' colony and history of the place - but never eaten there. So we visited on a Sunday night in February. VERY QUIET! Only a few other tables seated during our meal. Service was attentive and I thought the food was great! Roasted artichoke app was good. Caesar salad was decent. But the stars were the entrees: the pork & prosciutto special was heaven and the pasta and pesto was GREAT! Tiramisu was yum-yum-yum! It's not a cheap meal, but the history and vibe and feel of the place is value added. I was not cold in the place, but I wish the bar upstairs had been open. It was the coolest looking retro bar I've seen in a long while. I'll go back for sure. It's one of my new favorites in P-town.

• Visited February 2014
Providence, RI
“Betty, the bartender made my night!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A packed January Saturday night, and even though we had reservations, there was a snafu, and we ended up seated with another couple. But had a great time meeting these folks. Food was fabulous. Betty at the bar upstairs was a hoot!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank ocean558
cape cod
“Not All It's Cracked Up To Be”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was so excited to bring my date to Ciro's. I made an on-line reservation a few days ahead and planned an early meal, so we could go to movie or theater. I went for the ambiance and that is what I would give the highest rating, although in the winter, unless you're in front of the fireplace...it can be chilly in this basement dining room.

I was disappointed with the service...we were seated next to the only other couple in the first dining room, rather than any of the other tables. I wasn't there for the early bird and we didn't choose to order from that menu, but I definitely felt like we were given the two women out to eat seat them next to the door treatment. That said, we were moved when asked for a different table.

Meal was good, but when I asked if the ravioli was served with a tomato or a cream base sauce, I was assured it wasn't cream and the waiter described a tomatoe sauce. Well, it was a stronganoff type cream sauce. The bread at the table wasn't anything special and it was served with pats of butter, not olive oil. Description of sauce on the special was also off: scallions, not shallots...so maybe our waiter was new or just beginning his evening.

Long and short of it is: I'll wait until Front Street opens if I really want to treat myself or a friend. Maybe January just isn't the time to eat there...don't know, but going forward, I plan to skip this option.

• Visited January 2014