“friendly staff”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Formerly Michael Shay's
Reviewed October 18, 2013

staff all very friendly staff, welcome atmosphere, Menu is bar type, burgers etc, not that extensive, average choice and was decent enough. Found the draft beer to be expensive.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

During my visit to P-town, I ate at this place two nights in a row because it was so good. The first night, we had chicken parmesan and the lobster grilled cheese. Both were excellent, if a little pricey. The next night we had the fish and chips and the fried seafood platter, which is where the Hot L really shined.

The first night our waitress was pleasant and attentive, but the second night, we had a different waiter, who apparently would rather be doing anything but waiting tables. He gossiped with coworkers, watched tv, and sighed exasperatedly when he noticed empty drinks. It kind of ruined the experience that night, but at least the food was good. I would not hesitate to recommend the Hot L, but I do hope they have replaced this waiter if I do return.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

When we arrived it was on the early side for dinner and the restaurant was almost empty. We were a bit concerned but had heard it was a great restaurant. Luckily we had John as our waiter and quickly we realized we were in for a treat. John was so nice and an absolute riot. He also had great drink and food suggestions. I had the lobster mac and cheese, it was incredible. I also tried my husbands fish and chips and it was delicious, very generous portion. Everyone at our table chatted about how good the food was and we all enjoyed our time with John. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my second visit to the Hot L, having been last year during their first season in operation. My friends and I were promptly seated on a Friday night during their popular fish fry. Parking in their large lot was hard to come by, but we managed to squeeze in to a spot by the dumpster on the side of the lot. Our waiter was friendly enough, with a slightly caddy "edge" and didn't much go out of his way to impress, nor to offer honest opinions on entrees when we asked him. My sister ordered the all-you-can-eat fish fry. The batter was not too heavy and the fish was tasty and flakey on the inside... just right. They served up a generous portion to start. The rest of us ordered from the entrée menu. My man friend thoroughly enjoyed his fancy scallop entrée... indeed, it looked and smelled delicious. My woman friend went off her usual diet and ordered the fried scallop dinner: something she had not done in many years. The scallops tasted just so-so and the batter was a bit heavy. Also, it was not a plentiful portion. The French fries were dull, but dominated the plate. My own entrée was the baked haddock. It was adequate but not very interesting and needed quite a bit of salt and pepper to bring it up to taste.

We would go back, but probably at a crawl, not a run.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

They have an extensive menu and our meals (lobster mac & cheese and a lobster melt) were yummy! The service was very good.