“Nice place for breakfast”
Review of Hot L Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Hot L Bar & Grille
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Formerly Michael Shay's
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped on the way to Provincetown and had a lovely breakfast. Then we were surprised by a complimentary dessert called a Portuguese flipper, which is hot braided dough with honey drizzle and confectionary sugar and fresh berries- delicious and totally unexpected. Lovely.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Other than the color choices for decor, we like everything about this place. Friendly staff and we remembered one waitress being there last year so they retain staff. We basically eat breakfast there every day. Eggs benie is delish, good coffee, hash browns, toast. Great buffet on Sundays, reasonable prices for Ptown. Hope they last.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you like fish sandwiches, this is the place to go. The beer battered fish was longer than a regular sized fork. It was not greasy and it was a think piece of white fish (cod?). Potato skins were perfect. Also, the spicy chicken wrap had big pieces of white meat; very good. It is located at the top of Bradford Street. Just look for the BRIGHT yellow building---plenty of parking too.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I really was hoping to like Hot L, but I wasn't all that impressed by our first visit. Our server, Laurie, was wonderful, and dinner was off to a decent start with very good cocktails. However, the Seared Ahi Tuna was a bit of a disappointment - barely seared, which I like - but rather small pieces that were overpowered by the dense coating of sesame seeds. The real disappointment to me was the BBQ Combo I had for my main course. To me the ribs were identical to those heavily sauced Lloyds ribs you can buy in the grocery store. The BBQ chicken also had a very pre-processed taste and appearance, and the pulled pork was a couple of big chunks of pork, not 'pulled' at all. If you like your BBQ to be all about the sauce, then this might be for you, but I've had much better, more authentic BBQ elsewhere - including in my hometown (Blue Ribbon BBQ). I'll probably give them another chance one day, but not any time soon. There are so many superior choices in Ptown.

1  Thank JJD2
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a spot for lunch. And pulled into the Hot l. The waiter was fantastic. The Bacon Cheeseburger and Reuben were delicious. The price was reasonable for the quality and quantity of food.