“Waiter was very upbeat & attentive!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hot L Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Hot L Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Formerly Michael Shay's
Saline, Michigan
“Waiter was very upbeat & attentive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our waiter was very friendly & upbeat. He informed us of the highlights on the menu. He provided quick & great service. He stated the BBQ items were the major theme of the restaurant. Although comfort food was on the menu too. We ordered a combo BBQ & split the meal between the two of us. Dessert & cocktails were a little costly. BBQ was tasty & plentful. Great service - food was very good. We will return again while in this area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Fremont, California
“Tasteless haddock fish fry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We ate here hoping to meet some friends that we had made during our stay in Provincetown. They ate here 3 times and just loved the food. They actually had the fish fry earlier, so we missed them. They thought it was quite good.

We however were less than impressed. The serving was quite large but as we ate into it we discovered it was mostly breading. It had little taste and the haddock underneath it had little taste too. I usually do not put anything on my food but I tried salt, lemon and the malt vinegar they provided as well as the tartar sauce. None of it improved it for me or my wife. Still we asked for a second piece of fish. It was a portion sliced from a bigger piece. It tasted better but did not rise to the level of actually being good.

Service was mediocre. After we were served the haddock, the waitress never returned unless she was summoned.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
North of Toronto
“Surprise Find! Good Eats!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a family friendly restaurant for dinner in Provincetown. We drove by the restaurant and made a quick turn into the parking lot. The restaurant seated us quickly and was accommodating of the fact we had a baby in stroller.
We ordered the Pear Salad, potato skins and Cajun Chicken pasta. All very good, decent prices for the area.
My only concern was that I felt every time my son dropped food on the floor someone felt the need to clean it up off the floor.
I can understand keeping the restaurant looking tidy but maybe they can wait til after we've eaten? But that's likely our fault for selecting a restaurant that was a bar & grille. Overall, good find tho!

Visited June 2013
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

A friend and I had dinner here the other night. Never having been there, even when it was Michael Shay's I had no expectations which was probably a good thing. I ordered salmon and asked to have it grilled instead of blackened. The meal was nicely presented with a generous helping of fresh cooked veggies and basmati rice along with the fish. The sides were excellent. The fish was, quite possibly, the worst I have had in a restaurant. When you order seafood in a fishing port like Provincetown, you expect it to be fresh. This was definitely frozen, tough and over-cooked. My friend pronounced her barbecued shrimp "good" but not great. The thing we both liked best was the order of hush puppies that came with her order. They were piping hot and crispy, and the cranberry butter that came with them was the perfect accompaniment. The service was fine though not as attentive as you might expect, given that the place was pretty much empty. Even though we were both starving when we went in, having walked for two hours before dinner, we had no desire to try anything else, including dessert. All in all, a mediocre evening out.

1 Thank Librarilyn
Marshfield
“BEST BBQ in P'town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped by this place last night with a large crowd. Having never been here before, we asked about specials and were told that they were known for their BBQ. AND THEY WERE RIGHT ! I had the Combo Platter of BBQ'd ribs (fall off the bone), Chicken with a cranberry BBQ sauce (DELICIOUS!)and Pulled Pork ! What's great is that each meat has it's own unique BBQ sauce - and that makes it the best ! My wife had the pulled pork only (okay - so I have a bigger appetite). The hush puppies with cranberry butter as an alternative to bread & butter were okay - but the meal was the best. Service was great and very friendly. If you're in P'Town and need a good BBQ fix ... head over to HOTeL ... you won't regret it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles