“Different for Ptown, not necessarily the best in town”
Review of 9 Ryder

9 Ryder
Ranked #72 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hoboken, NJ
“Different for Ptown, not necessarily the best in town”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our first visit after we heard good things about it. The restaurant seems to attract lots of families and older couples. It is good basic Italian food bit I can get MUCH better at home. Nothing here is really very inventive. Decent red sauce, good fresh mozz, other dishes a bit bland. But if you are hungering for pasta and some Italian basics, give it a shot.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Kenbob

Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful meal with an even better view”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I came to Provincetown a few weeks ago with a good friend. After walking around town and looking at various menus, we decided to try 9 Ryder. We had two seats at the bar, right next to the window, and the view they provide of the harbor already made our experience stand out! We each got the Catch of the Day and it was delicious and fresh. We decided to go with wine to compliment our dishes, but will be back for what looked like some great cocktails!

1 Thank HelenofBK
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nine Ryder”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love the location on the pier. There have been other restaurants that started here and then moved on. Fairly small and also has a bar. I had stuffed flounder that was good but I couldn't find any any of the shrimp I expected in the stuffing. My husband liked his fish special, the swordfish. Good drinks. Friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
“Delicious food & drinks!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to 9 Ryder one evening with a close friend. We were seated at a table with a great view. The mussels are delish and they had gluten free pasta avalible and that's always a plus. The wait staff were very helpful and pleasant. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
9RyderSeasideDining, Owner at 9 Ryder, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for dining with us!
Our Glutten Free Pasta choices have been a huge success. This year, along with our tasty rigatoni and spaghetti, we added a Glutten Free Raviolli stuffed with Portobella mushrooms and Goat cheese served in a light marinare sauce.
Next year, we want to offer glutton free gnocchi baked in Mozzerella and seved with vine ripened tomato and fresh basil drizzled with EVOO olive oil!
Keep tuned!
Boston, MA
“Disturbing”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The food remains mediocre. It's what you witness while sitting there that's troubling.

I watched one of the kitchen workers, quite likely the owner, do so horrifying things. To start, I first saw him down on his hands and knees cleaning up a spill in the entrance to the kitchen. Not a bad thing in and of itself, but he tossed the towel aside and instead of washing his hands he ran them through his hair, or I should say along the sides of his head to ensure that it was still pulled back. Okay, but still no hand washing. From there, he went back into the kitchen where leaned against some counter and proceeded to pick his teeth; still no hand washing. Finally after sprinkling something on somebody's food, we see him again out of the kitchen leaning against a wall, picking his teeth again. Through all this he never washed his hands once.

Guys if you're going to have an open kitchen, you need to pay closer attention to your behavior and WASH YOUR HANDS. You're going to make someone sick; It was disgusting.

4 Thank DRaymond
Our kitchen staff is all ServSafe certified.
There are a few pieces of this review that do not make sense to me. The sink and scrub area is not visable from the dining area, I find it difficult to understand how you could have made all your observations.
I am also puzzled how you could assume to identify the owner, as all our kitchen staff works as an equally respected team.
I was startled to read this review, and brought this review up at one of our meetings.
We have reviewed our SafeServe obligations, and pledged to abide by them.