“NYC to Boston with Six”
Review of SeaSalt Charters

SeaSalt Charters
Ranked #4 of 26 Tours in Provincetown
More attraction details
Owner description: SeaSalt Charters offers private Whale Watch and Fishing trips out of Provincetown, MA., in Cape Cod. SeaSalt Charters is owned and operated by the Avellar family, pioneers of Whale Watching on the East Coast.
Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“NYC to Boston with Six”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

OMGosh! What a fantastic trip!

Chad the owner and Irene, a Whale Naturalist, took our family of six out on the water at 8am. I'm not sure if it was because we were out on the water early or because our boat was small, but we saw soooo many whales. It was unbelievable! The other bigger boats were calling Chad to find out where to find the whales.

Irene was fantastic! She gave us all kinds of information about whales and their habits. In addition both she and Chad could pretty much identify all the whales by either their markings, sounds, or behaviors. Very cool!

To top off the adventure, each of my sons got to fish. Two of them caught pretty big fish -- a 13lber and a 17lber, one caught a small 8lber :) and one, well, he'll just have to try again next time. But they ALL had a blast.

SeaSalt Charters is definitely the way to go!

1 Thank KSaenz

Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing trip!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have been Whale Watching a lot in Cape Cod in the past, and have always had a great experience. This year we decided to try a private whale watch with SeaSalt Charters out of Provincetown. It was like nothing I could have imagined. Being so low down and have the whales swim by the boat , it was almost as if we were swimming with them. Since it was private, we had plenty of space to ourselves, no fighting for a good camera shot. Captain Avellar's knowledge of the whale behavior really shows, on more than one occasion it seemed like he knew what the whales were going to do before they did. If you are thinking about treating yourself to an extra special treat while on vacation in Cape Cod, you should definitely consider a private whale watch with SeaSalt Charters.

2 Thank Anya K
Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I want to go with SeaSalt Charters again!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's a little more expensive to go on a private whale watch than to go on the bigger boats that hold 250 people, but now that we've gotten so close to the whales in a small boat, we're hooked. We went out last weekend and saw at least twenty whales, which has never happened to us before. We were surrounded! As far as I know, only SeaSalt does these kinds of charters in Provincetown. They're kind of new, but the captain actually has years and years of experience. Oh, and on the way back to land, I could barely believe it when our friend caught a big striped bass for dinner!

2 Thank Ana Y
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unbelievable day!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a bit of everything on SeaSalt charters, and i can't say enough about our trip.

Capt. Avellar's boat is fast and safe and very nice, and he seems to always know where the whales are. We saw our first whales only a half-hour after leaving the dock, and it just kept getting better and better. Breaching by several whales, some very close up, and then close approaches by several more. There were a lot of whales checking us out! Then they went back to their amazing feeding behavior.

I have been on dozens of whale watches but I can only say this was the best way to see them. The captain seemed to have a 6th sense on where to be to get the best views. And having a small group was a totally different experience.

Almost forgot - just to top it off, we caught a huge striped bass on the way in after only a few casts. i know where I'm going for my next fishing charter.

I can't ever expect this kind of trip, but if it's going to happen, it's going to happen with these guys. Unforgettable.

1 Thank Tron M