“Romantic quick getaway”

Revere Guest House
Ranked #9 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I chose the Revere Guest house on a recommendation from a friend. It's perfectly located in the center of Ptown, everything is walking distance. Our room was very comfortable, cozy, all neccesary amenities. The breakfast provided was unique in the beautiful restored "cottage" in the back. This will be my first choice of inn's for our many return getaways.

Room Tip: The room with the fireplace
1  Thank rucass11
There are newer reviews for Revere Guest House

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Beautiful guest house, delicious breakfasts, located just one block off the center of Commercial Street. I very much enjoyed my stay and highly recommend the Revere Guest House.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were looking forward to our stay at Provincetown but were disappointed when checking into the Revere Guest house. Innkeeper was not very welcoming and the room was blah. The towels were like sandpaper and the shower was terrible. Parking was not free and the lot was 4 blocks away. Breakfast was cold cereal and toast - nothing you'd expect at a B&B. Other guests partied like loud college kids until the wee hours so we got little sleep. We were shocked that was tolerated and basically we couldn't wait to leave.

1  Thank Dannyblackdog
reveregh, Owner at Revere Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2011

I am certainly disappointed that this guest was not satisfied with the one night that they spent here at the Revere House since I try extremely hard to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. With that said, I find their review to be very inaccurate and for some reason more vindinctive then anything probably because they could not park in the driveway. Therefore, I will respond to each point that they have made. First of all I go out of my way to be nice to each and every guest and I am not sure why they said I was not welcoming. Each of my rooms is unique and quite beautiful as indicated in all the reviews on Tripadvisor. In fact 3 of my mom's embroidery pieces hangs in this particular room they stayed in and we have been complemented numerous times of the warmth and comfort that this room has. My towels are the softest in town and are specially ordered for the Revere House. If you read some of the other reviews you will see what others have said about our shower heads. My shower heads are those large round heads and provide the most wonderful spray (come see for yourself). Parking: In my confirmation it states the following specifically "We'd also like for you to note our parking policy. Due to sewer and septic conditions, we can only provide parking for five cars and can no longer accommodate larger vehicles or in and out privileges. If you are driving and do not plan to use your vehicle, you will need to reserve one of these parking places in advance by notifying us. Since we can no longer guarantee a parking place for everyone, we ask that if you have a larger truck, SUV or plan to use your car, that you make alternate parking plans. We realize this may prove a slight inconvenience but thank you in advance for your cooperation. There are several town lots nearby which charge a nominal fee; they are indicated by a large green "P" on the following map link". They however arrived in a large SUV and therefore I asked them to park in the parking lot only one block away...not 4 as they have indicated. These guests were also up early before the 8:30 time for breakfast and indicated that they were not breakfast people and they needed to get on the road. I did offer the wife a cup of coffee to go which they took. They were not present for the entire breakfast which includes baked goods, yogurt, OJ, Bagels and english muffins, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and 3 kinds of cereal. If you read other reviews on Tripadvisor you will see that we are complemented over and over on our breakfasts. Before they left they did indicate that there was a lot of noise late into the night coming from the 3rd floor rooms (they were on the 2nd floor). I was not aware of this noise from the 3rd floor until they mentioned it to me in the morning. I do not tolerate loud noise until early hours of the morning since I am aware that this is a guest house not a large hotel. I did speak with the guests from the 3rd floor that morning at breakfast to let them know that there was a complaint about noise from another room. So for this reviewer to indicate that the noise was tolerated is inaccurate. And besides, how would they have known whether it was tolerated or not since they only stayed one night and left early in the morning before anyone else got up.
Gary, Owner

Reviewed April 10, 2011

I stayed overnight at the Revere Guest House and it was great! It was clean, well kept, updated and adorable! The owner Gary makes you feel at home and puts out a great breakfast in the morning!! I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms or the apt. are the quietest
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Revere House couldn't be nicer. Located in a historic sea captain's house, the perfectly refurbrished interiors include all the most updated modern amenities, and a new edition has equal charm to the original rooms. Every detail has been painstakingly thought of. The owner/manager couldn't be more helpful, and the location is perfect -- steps from the center of town, yet up on the hill, just beyond the fray.

Room Tip: Ask for either third floor room,
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I can never say enough about staying at the Revere House. It is one of the best B & B's, if not the best, in Provincetown. It is Gary the Inkeeper's home, and he makes you feel very at home when you visit. The only way to find out is to experience it!

Reviewed April 4, 2011

Gary was super helpful and nice. My favorite part about the Revere house is it felt more like an inn than it did a bed and breakfast. While Gary was around to be helpful you did not fell like you were staying in someones house. The common room was amazing and we spent a lot of time in there!

Room Tip: It depends on the amenities you want!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple