“Great location, lovely room”
Review of White Wind Inn

White Wind Inn
Ranked #26 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The inn is in a perfect location just a short stroll from everything in provincetown, beaches, restaurants, shops etc. The room was clean and the decor was in keeping with the style of the town. If i had one complaint it would be that we were not met on arrival (we did arrive at 7pm so a little late i suppose) and no one introduced themselves to us for the duration of the stay, otherwise it would have been 5 stars. Breakfast was good, if a little basic.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was our second visit to the White Wind. I would like to start with the staff – Melvin and Jeffrey. They made me and my other half feel like we were their friends, not just their guest. We actually “hung out” with them at the inn and if they saw us out, they came over to see how we were doing and say hello. If we needed anything during our stay, they always followed through with a smile. We were made to feel at home. You can’t ask for anything more than that when you’re away. This is consistent with our last stay.
The inn has free parking and it’s in the prime location – right on Commercial with a wonderful front porch which provides some of the best people watching anywhere in town. On the porch, we were able to mingle and get to meet different people. The Inn hosted a complimentary cocktail party on Saturday with drink and food. It’s a great way to meet house guests and the staff. During the stay we have full access to a kitchen with complimentary drinks always available. The Inn was charming and fashionably decorated. Very authentic New England style. The rooms are very clean.
We stayed in the Bounty room on the second floor which was spacious and had our own private balcony facing the West end of town. Perfect for sunsets and an evening glass of wine. The bathroom was on the small side but served its purpose. The room rates are probably the most reasonable rates I have seen considering the location and the wonderful rooms they have. During our stay, we were able to see some of the other rooms – all were wonderful. The bed was so comfy and the room had a small flat screen and fridge. The grounds are nice with plenty of flowers and a well manicured lawn. On this particular visit to PTown, we spent a more than usual amount of time just relaxing at the Inn, mainly on the porch. I attribute that to such a wonderful atmosphere, great staff and comfortable accommodations. This place was a pleasure. We will be back! And we are excited about it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Aside from the incredible location, beautiful rooms and porches and decks, Owner Michael truly made the weekend more memorable and special, as did Jeffrey and Melvin. They went out of their way to open the Inn to our group and create a terrific atmosphere that left all of us with smiles. Very special folks at a very special Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My partner and I stayed in the Stateroom. Everything was perfect when we arrived. The B&B is beautiful, parking was right next to the building. The room was nicely furnished with street and partial harbor views. We had a gas fireplace, a small flat screen TV with a built in DVD. The bathroom had a huge shower and we had plenty of hot water.

The common rooms were beautifully furnished, but also comfortable and inviting. Our hosts were accommodating and Jeffrey was fantastic. He recommended the right places and also arraned dinner reservations for us (and all the guests went to The Mews that Saturday for dinner). We felt personally welcome visiting the inn.

Even out-of-season, P-town is delightful. I recommend P-town and especially the White Wind Inn for visitors wanting to be both right in the thick of the shopping and dinning action as well as having a quiet and very comfortable place to step back and relax.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EasySouth
Reviewed February 21, 2010

My husband and I chose to spend Valentine's Day weekend in Provincetown. Having decided to take this short trip from our home in Plymouth without making reservations, we were not sure what type of accommodations we might find on such short notice. We consider ourselves very lucky to have found the White Wind Inn. After taking a quick tour of the lovely inn, we rented their only remaining open room, the Blue Room. The staff is very friendly, and the room could not have been cozier. We were even treated to a wonderful cocktail reception, complete with yummy appetizers and strawberry Cosmopolitans to commemorate Valentine's Day!
The White Wind Inn is very comfortable, clean, and centrally located with off-street parking. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2009

This year was my 6th consecutive year I stayed at the White Wind Inn. Michael and the staff are GREAT !!! The rooms are very comfortable and everything at the inn is well maintained. The location of the inn is very, very convenient. The front porch is certainly the place to 'people watch' as you look down on to Commercial Street. I have made several friends who travel to Ptown and stay at the White Wind the same week(s) every year. It is nice to return each year and see the people I know as well as new faces. Every time I arrive at the White Wind Jeffrey is there to say "Welcome Home David". It has truly become my home away from home on my annual trip to Ptown.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank de770
Reviewed September 20, 2009

but if you are looking for a place for more then two, look elsewhere. The owners are among the friendliest we have meet. We had the 'Cottage'. It is connected to the owners house and we had a shared entry with the elephants that live in the basement. The person who checked us in failed to tell us there was a code for internet or time when breakfast was. We didn't check until the desk was closed, but the owner stated if we needed anything to just give him a call. Upstairs was quite quiet though and it was a nice sized bathroom. As for location...Provincetown is so small that nothing is really that far away. If I go back to PTown with just me and another person, I would seriously consider this Inn again...just not a place for more than two.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends