“Best B&B I've Been To”

Ranked #29 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Best B&B I've Been To”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at this B&B, and I am very glad I did. The house is beautiful, the rooms are very well decorated and the staff were amazing! This is now my only choice while in PTown. D, the houseboy, was very friendly and went out of his way to make you comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sdtravelguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reservations and check-in went smoothly. The rooms were nice and clean. The common area and breakfast were way above expectations. My boyfriend and I felt like we could just chill out in the common area next to the fireplace, or go out on the porch and talk and watch people as they passed by on Commercial Street. They added to a memorable weekend, where my boyfriend and I got engaged. Loved it, and I hope to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are great for easy access to all the common areas, but can be a bit noi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattthew S
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had walked by this house the many years I've been going to Provincetown and always thought it was pretty from the outside. When I was looking for a dog-friendly place to stay recently I saw this property on the list. Our room was clean and spacious with good light. My only complaint is the bathroom was a little small, but it wasnt a big issue. The manager Jeffrey and the proprietor whose name is slipping me were friendly and around when needed. Loved the chairs on the front porch that looked over Commercial St. We sat there a lot watching the people walk by. Our dogs had a great time and everyone was so nice with them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank AllanH328
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First off, I have never been a big fan of B&B's. This was my first stay at a B&B and it changed my entire opinion! The service is amazing! We stayed in The Bonaventure room and it was beautiful and the amenities were great. The privacy of the room was great and we even had our own private balcony.

The location is impressive! Right on Commercial and walking distance to EVERYTHING! We will always stay here when coming to Provincetown. It was wonderful!

I had only one very minor issue in our room: the shower. The water pressure was low and the water just kind of dribble out. Also, the water was either luke warm or scalding hot. We managed to get through our showers fine but if they could fix one thing this would be it. It was such a minor issue compared with how wonderful the Inn is that we didn't even mention it to the owners.

Morning breakfast was well stocked and the outside common areas are great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lexington0930
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Having stayed at the white wind inn for many years i cant say enough about them . the rooms are beautiful the staff excellent, the continental breakfast cant be beat the owner michael and mgr. jefferey make you always feel welome

Room Tip: Book early is my tip
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caper1958
Lafayette, California
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arrived on a weekend when most places had NO Vacancy. Another Inn (full) suggested this place as he heard they had a cancellation. We ventured in and Jeffrey met us - and had a room for us. It was a great positive surprise - I mean, right on COMMERCIAL STREET where all the activity happens. A very close walk to the Dance clubs & bars, and shopping all over the place. Even a bit of a water view from the front porch. The price incl. morning breaking breakfast - an upscale Continental with a lot of variety. And the Saturday "cocktail party" was a frickin' HOOT. Oh, and BTW - FULL (free) BAR from 4-7 pm !!! And Jeffrey trumped out various hors d'oeuvres as the 20 guests danced and drank from the front porch, complete with a mini-drag event that literally stopped traffic. We were the HIT of the town. This was a glorious afternoon.

Like 99% of the B&B Inns, this was an older house. So thin walls, narrow and lots of steps to the upper floor. If we have any complaints at all, the bathroom door was a hinged door with no handle on the inside - so it was hard if at all possible to pull the door closed when sitting down on the toilet. (simple fix guys!) And lastly, the TV sucked. It is basically un-viewable because you can't adjust the brightness. Yea, we weren't there to watch TV, but still, if you provide one, would be nice if it worked. The bed was comfortable, the room clean, albeit bathroom & shower typically small for these older places. All of the guests were wonderful people to meet & socialize with; and some very campy. Oh, and the place is mixed - both Men & Women.

This place fills fast every year - we were fortunate of the cancellation. So make your reservations a year in advance !

Thank you Jeffrey, don't-call-me-Dimitri, and the other guy who's name escapes me - for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room INSIDE the main house ... there are a couple of rooms that access is only from the rear e...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cody94530
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Come back here year after year and always the best experience the staff is consistently ready to help you set up dinners breakfast is always ready no matter when you get up. It is so meet and speak to the other guests it turns each visit into a mini homecoming.

• Stayed September 2013