“Bumpy and beautiful”
Review of Art's Dune Tours

Art's Dune Tours
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Provincetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the very beautiful, majestic sand dunes of the Cape Cod National Seashore and Atlantic Coast of Provincetown, MA. Our knowledgeable drivers guide you in our comfortable Chevrolet Suburbans explaining local history for the dune shacks, life-saving stations, and flaura and fauna. The views are breathtaking and the photo stop is so much fun!! Come see what thousands have enjoyed since 1946!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went on the dune tour sort of a last minute, late afternoon, what do you want to do sort of thing. But, we ended up being very glad we went. The dunes are beautiful with sweeping views. This is the only way to get atop the dunes and it is worth the ride. The info our driver gave about the shacks was quite interesting too. We did not take the extra hour for the sunset tour, instead we went to Herring Cove on our own for a magnificent sunset. I recommend that or Race Point Beach. I guess that isn't fair since we didn't take the sunset tour I don't know what we missed, but I do know what we did, was terrific, and Art's Dune Tours started our evening off beautifully.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Provencetown and it was recommended that we take this tour. We were not disappointed. It was fabulous and completely unexpected. I never realized that there were such fabulous dunes on Cape Cod. Our guide was the owner and he entertained us with lots of stories of his escapades at the dunes when he was growing up. He was very knowledgable about all the famous authors who have lived in the shacks at the dunes. If we go back, I would definitely take this tour again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a great time on Labor day weekend, Rob was our guide. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting PTown. Scenery was beyond the beyond. The history lesson was great. Two couples went and we all thought it was the highlight of a pretty great weekend. Will definitely do it again maybe next time the extended tour with a BBQ, and sunset tour.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We finally decided to cross 'dune tour' off of our P-town bucket list. The late August day was cloudy and cool, not the best weather for a sunset tour of Provincetown's dunes and its more isolated beaches. We added the dinner option (ribs and chicken) into our tour package. Dennis, our driver and tour guide, was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. In fact, he was an excellent host for our 2 hour experience. The dunes are amazing: isolated and lonely and only a couple of miles from downtown. Denis discussed the history and ecology of the area with particular emphasis upon conservation. He made us feel at home. After a careful but exciting hour long drive among the dunes we arrived at a beautiful beach for dinner. We brought our own wine and enjoyed a messy but delicious BBQ ribs, chicken, kale soup, baked beans, cornbread and cold slaw. The only disappointments involved the clouds which prohibited seeing a beautiful Provincetown sunset over the water and the chilly wind which we didn't expect. The cost is reasonable for this two hour tour that included and optional dinner. Highly recommended for singles, groups and families.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We did the tour on our last trip. It was fun and I would recommend doing once. The driver was nice and kept things interesting and moving along. The trucks we rode in were comfortable. It's a chance to see parts of the area you'd never see. Very beautiful.