“QUIET ELEGANCE IN PTWN!”
Review of Tucker Inn

and 1 more site!
Tucker Inn
Ranked #38 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I have stayed at the Tucker Inn in Provincetown, Massachusetts dozens of times over the last 15 years--with three sets of owners---but Howard and Thomas continue to offer quality customer service in a serene and pristine environment. Guests are immediately welcomed into a beautifully appointed living area--and if they are lucky they get to meet Colby and Chloe--the top dogs---and then are treated to a first glimpse of the beautiful garden oasis that will host them for a wonderful breakfast. We were then ushered to our room which was well appointed with a poster bed and with a fireplace that is lovely on cold evenings. The garden also is also a spot to bring a glass of wine and the calming music adds to the serenity of the experience. The Inn is a classic Cape Cod townhouse and it is located---literally---in the center of town on Center Street. I like the fact that it is not on the main street---Commercial Street. I recommend it highly and if you have the chance to engage the owners in conversation, you will find they are lovely and very smart men.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

I was at the Tucker Inn during the same time period as "bubka13" and I must say I couldn't disagree more with their review. This was our 4th summer with Howard at the Tucker Inn and our stay was still of Five-Star caliber. We were greeted at the door by Todd upon our arrival who immediately got Howard who welcomed us back like old friends. The room's cleanliness was impeccable upon arrival and Michelle kept it that way during the 13 nights we were there. Even though there was a linen company dispute that affected most establishments on the Cape, Howard's staff made sure the linens were freshly pressed by hand. Curtis, the new Chef this year, presented freshly baked delicacies as well as delicious concoctions each morning (which included an extraordinary blend of coffee called ....The Tucker Inn Blend) --- not to mention a variety of homeade sliders and other hors d'oevres for the social gathering Howard and Thomas have each Saturday night -- a great way to meet all the other guests in a pleasant setting. I could go on and on..... the Tucker Inn, in our opinion is THE place to stay in Provincetown. Howard and Thomas go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special -- not overbearing and authoritative as the other reviewer might lead you to believe. Years ago, I was in a Managerial position in New York's only 5-star luxury hotel. The owners made sure certain guidelines were met and surpassed on a daily basis in order for us to keep that distinction for over a decade. I can say with assurance that Howard Burchman and his staff meet AND exceed those same ... standards at the Tucker Inn. Bravo Howard..... Bravissimo!

Dennis and Jay
Poughkeepsie, NY

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We spent July 4th weekend at the Inn. Never have I felt so constricted during my vacation. The innkeeper is always in your face. I remembered my high school days, even though I have been out of high school in 15 years. The innkeeper reminded me of a miserable principle of high school who knows you did something bad and is on a mission to get to the bottom of it. My contact lenses fell under the bed and when i saw layers and layers of dust, I felt sick to my stomach. Coffee was served in dirty cups. There are so many beautiful places in this town with innkeepers who appreciate your business and don't treat you like a leper.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bubka13
TuckerHost, Owner at Tucker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2009

We strive for complete guest satisfaction and always regret when we are not able to achieve that. This guest commented on several things. First we are accused of serving coffee in dirty cups. A word about our coffee: we buy from a small batch roaster in Northhampton who has crafted a Tucker Inn Blend that is organic, shade grown, and fair trade certified. Since we go to such lengths to provide quality beans, we don't then spoil it by serving it in 'dirty cups'. In this instance, the guest requested coffee at about 11:30, after the hours for our breakfast service. We immediately brewed a fresh pot. To serve the coffee, we grabbed a cup off the shelf. This cup had just come out of the dishwasher and, indeed, had something on the outside of it. Our staff saw that before the cup was even presented to the guest and immediately replaced it with a fresh cup.

With respect to dust under the beds. It's simply not the case. Our housekeeper has been with us for 6 years, we inspect the rooms constantly and the dust reported was not and is not there.

Finally, the guest refers to me as a terrible high school principal. Well, sometimes people with guilty consciences see authority figures where they don't exist. This guest was consistently smoking in the guest room. In this day and age it is almost impossible to rent a room if there is a smell of smoke in it. We did not fine or penalize the guests for this and totally refreshed the room on their departure.

Reviewed July 6, 2009

We thank you for your hospitality and for the pleasurable comfort of our stay with you during the weekend of June 26 - 28. You've made the Tucker Inn supremely comfortable and personable and it is a wonderful haven. Your gardens are beautiful and relaxing, breakfasts are superlative and even Chloe & Colby were wonderful companions while we were at home in the inn. We especially liked the cocktail party Saturday night. The wine & conversations helped make our visit completely successful.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

Tucker Inn is a few minutes from the fairy dock. Easily reachable by foot even with a puppy and luggage. Howard, Thomas, Curtis, Michelle, Chloe, and Cole are the heart and soul of the Tucker Inn. Howard and Thomas run the Inn with warmth and simplistic luxury for everyone to feel welcome. They are truly genuine, caring, and without overwhelming attention, fulfill your every need. Chef Curtis’ daily mouthwatering breakfast will make you hungry the night before. Everyday was a different home cooked breakfast that you couldn’t resist. Michelle’s eye for cleanliness is obvious. She will whip your room back into shape. Chloe and Cole are the highlight of the Tucker Inn. Our 1 - year - old Bishon Frise, Dilly, was best friends with Chloe and Cole the minute we walked in. There wasn’t a day that they didn’t play, engaged in a wrestling match, or just tugged on the same toy. We would recommend Tucker Inn to anyone looking to get away, seeking an ocean nearby, or attend a special occasion.

Mary, Michele, and Dilly

Reviewed June 27, 2009

Definitely love staying at the Tucker Inn....... Accomodations, service, breakfasts are all wonderful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I go to P-Town!

Reviewed June 16, 2009

From the moment I arrived I felt life’s chaos subside as I was warmly greeted by the owner, Howard followed just as genuinely by his two endearing canines.

The serene environment is perfectly located a stones throw from the main street and the quaint shops and is well adorned with unique art, many pieces brought from the East which were exhibited perfectly within the colors and surroundings.

When on retreat from my daily grind, I look forward to a good self spoiling adventure and I was not disappointed in the slightest here. From the extra pillows on the bed, to the cozy in-room fireplace (which came in handy during June in New England-go figure!), to the chef’s scrummy breakfasts, to the cocktail party with the flawless Cosmopolitan, through to the landscaping which was beautifully blended and was to become my morning refuge at first sight.

The goal of my getaway was to unwind and recharge and truly, the owner, the staff, and pets of the wonderfully decorated B&B allowed me to achieve this by making my stay welcoming and fabulously relaxing.

I do plan a return visit as the whole experience was unhurried and wholly recommended as a great escape.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family