“Peaceful Base Camp”

Tucker Inn
Ranked #39 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We are die-hard whale watchers and only wanted a place that was within walking distance from the main pier. What a pleasant surprise to be welcomed "home" by new friends, devoted dogs, tantilizing treats, a working AC unit that made no noise what-so-ever, and a patio garden that served as a welcome oasis after a day at sea. Howard, Thomas, Craig, and Michelle--YOU ROCK!! I hope we can return some day. Until then, may you welcome many more new guests who become friends of the heart!

Room Tip: I am a heart patient and appreciated a main floor room to avoid the stairs.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Loved the location, the romantic cottage, the fabulous breakfasts, the dog-friendly environment, and the owners! It was a great place to stay!!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the Tucker Inn! I just spent four wonderful nights (and 5 days) here. While many other reviewers have given detail about the particulars of the house itself, I want to stress how welcome and comfortable I felt. I truly felt like a friend of the family in town for a visit. It was actually hard to drag myself away from the beautiful, peaceful patio (with the delicious treats that were always at hand!), and I'm not one who generally sits still. The house is immaculately clean. The breakfasts and treats are gourmet. The hosts and staff are fun and friendly.

I also want to comment on the negative review recently left by someone whose dog wasn't accepted. I found the two resident dogs at Tucker House to be calm and well behaved, and they mixed well with the several dogs who belonged to other guests. As a confirmed "cat person," I appreciate that all the dogs were clearly well controlled and suitable for the environment.

Thanks to Howard, Thomas, Curtis & Michelle for a great time. I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Just returned from our third visit to the Tucker Inn and had a great time, as always. Beautiful and comfortable house, yummy/full breakfast, and great people! What else do you need? Thanks Howard and Thomas!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We booked a 3-nights stay with our lovely dog, a bernese mountain dog. We check by meil and over the phone to make sure it was ok with the dog, as their website welcomes guests with pets.
We arrived there after a 8 hours drive and with a pouring rain, we get off the car in the parking lot and the owner's dog barked when he saw our dog. The second owner said that it was because our dog was on leash! When we enter the house, the owner's dog attaked our dog. There was no unjury, but the owner said we'll refund your money you can stay here!
What a welcoming environment!
The owner's partner agreed making some calls to find another place to go.
We ended in Aerie Guesthouse 3 blocks away, where we had an excellent stay, our dog played with the two owner's dogs.
So be aware of the Tucker inn, they can be rude if something doesn't please them!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jean-louis a
TuckerHost, Owner at Tucker Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

The policy of the Tucker Inn as is the case with all pet friendly establishments is to welcome well behaved dogs. The pet these guests refer to is a 15 month old, 100 pound plus, un-neutered male dog. Within moments of arriving, these guest's dog, which was so large and strong the owners had difficulty controling it, was humping our male dog Colby. Seconds afterward, the dog had jumped up into and was walking through our raised garden beds. Because he is an unneutered male dog, he promptly marked everything with his scent.

In over 10 years of being a pet-friendly inn, this was the first dog we could not accept as a guest. We regretted doing that as we are truly pet friendly. However, we run the inn as an open environment where guests and their pets mingle freely. It was clear that this dog was not properly socialized for such an environment and we did not allow him to stay for the safety of our guests and the other pets visiting (there were three other dogs in residence during this period).

We had never been informed as to the size and age of this pet as well as the fact that he was going to seek to exert dominance over all other dogs at the house. When it was clear that the dog was not sufficiently well behaved to stay at the house, Thomas immediately went to work to find alternative lodging, which he was able to do. We refunded the full amount of the guest's funds and wished them well, apologizing profusely for not being able to accommodate them.

Well behaved dog guests remain very welcome at the Tucker Inn and we encourage our guests who wish to join us with their human and canine family members.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My partner and I just returned from staying 9 nights in Provincetown and at the Tucker Inn. This was our fifth year we have been back as pampared guests of Howard, Thomas, Colby and Chloe, I should say that we are more like family being welcomed back into our favorite relatives home. The house is kept immaculate, Curtis' breakfasts and hors d'oevres are outstanding, the other guests are fun to get to know, and visit with on a daily basis and Howard and Thomas are the kindest, sweetest, most accomodating hosts you could ask for. We are already booked for our two week return vacation in 2012. We can't wait.

1  Thank Pkpsieden
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Before commenting on my 4th stay here at the Tucker Inn, I decided to read the 3 marked terrible. After reading them, I can not even fathom any of that happening.

THE COFFEE IS EXCELLENT
THE ROOMS ARE IMPECCABLY CLEAN.
THE BREAKFAST IS THE BEST AT ANY INN
THE INNKEEPERS ARE ACCOMMODATING AND GREAT!

I've stayed here 4 times so far, and each time is better. The INN itself is located perfectly off the main road. Howard and Tom are excellent hosts and are fun to be around and offer great conversation. Curtis is an excellent cook who prepares all of the breakfast foods and afternoon baked treats. Michelle cleans the rooms perfectly leaving no dust, beach sand, or anything in the room. She is amazing.

The inn itself is supremely maintained, beautifully decorated and offers such a tranquil environment it's hard not to fall into relaxation.

I highly recommend anyone staying in the area to stay here. It is honestly the best place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends