“A Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Red Inn
Ranked #37 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“A Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was attending a wedding in early October in Provincetown and decided to book a room at the Red Inn which was also the venue for the wedding. I am happy that I made the choice to stay in this historic seaside inn with its lovely gardens.
The Long Point Light Room in which I stayed was very comfortable and immaculately kept. A feature of this room was a private balcony facing the ocean.
The Inn was a fantastic place to have a wedding which on this occasion took place outside on the deck and was followed by a cocktail hour and a sumptuous dinner in the restaurant. The service was excellent and the Inn lived up to its reputation as being one of the best places to eat in Cape Cod.
Guests at the Inn can enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast as well as parking. Located in the quiet part of town, it is only a pleasant 20 minute walk to the downtown area.
I should also mention that is an adults only inn and is non-smoking (indoors).

Room Tip: If you are an early to bed person ask for a room not over the bar
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a nicely renovated old inn. It retains most of it's early Americana charm while providing updated amenities, e.g. flat screen TV's, Ipod Docks & Wet Bars. Our room had wonderful, unobstructed views of Cape Cod Bay and Lighthouse.
There is a very good restaurant & bar on premises that can get very lively. - Only negative here is that it can make getting a parking space difficult during busy times, e.g. dinner hour. - We had to wait in the lot for about 20 minutes for a space to open up on one evening. -- Aside from this small inconvenience, the space and service was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

This could not have been more perfect. Excellent service Anthony is amazing! Loved the long point newly renovated room. Great access to beach and everything. Excellent restaurant. Renovation recently completed. We have already booked next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Western, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

First, we had to leave a credit card on file just to make a reservation for the restaurant.
That should have been a tell-tale sign to stay away..
Service at the bar was pompous and the price of the three drinks went from "18$ to 24$" as soon as the bartender saw that I had a 20$ in my hand. Obviously, he wasnt satisfied with the 2$ tip he was about to get...rude!
The lobster bisque soup was terrible and the dinner was no better. Besides the outrageous prices that this place charged, there was nothing else to talk about. Stay away and spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank boatyug
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Was at Red Inn June 11 to 14 with my daughter for relaxing time together.
Pros:
Room 3 the Pilgrim was the cutest thing: It seems it was just recently renovated. It is a two room suite, with a gorgeous view, a beautiful deck with chairs and the best natural light one could imagine! Furniture and linens are very nice and bed very comfortable: full size. My daughter who slept in it said she felt like sleeping beauty it was so plush. I slept on couch in living area. This was not as comfy as it is not a pull out, but it is long enough for a 6-1 person to stretch. Two Tvs one in bed and one in living area: nice selection of channels. Internet was good and I never had a problem logging on. Free parking provided by Hotel across the street!
The downstairs restaurants is one of the best restaurants I have been to on the Cape. The Swordfish and the Salmon are incredible.
On the negative side and the reason I cannot give a five star rating. Restaurant downstairs is noisy and most activity ends at 11PM so if you must be in bed early, this room is not good as it is right above bar area. I don't know if this is because Red Inn is still under renovations, but a few items have to be worked on; none of the interior doors to bath had locks nor latches. This was annoying as I had to fold a magazines to wedge the doors shut when using the bath. I pointed out to the manager and he said he would work on it. Under counter refrigerator was noisy, but if you close the doors to room, you cannot hear it in there.
Bathroom has one window to next door room... I think they should permanently seal it. Even though it was frosted and has a shade, you can see shadows of your neighbors and you can definitely hear them... not good privacy in bath. Included Breakfast is very minimal: juice. coffee and a muffin.... no fresh fruit, no cereals (I asked for a bowl of cereal and was told they did not offer)

Room Tip: Room 3 Pilgrim is above bar area.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

Booked 3 nights, only stayed 2. Amazing setting but uncomfortable room, staff wasn't friendly and more snobby then anything else. Not a welcome and friendly place. The price just wasn't worth it. We visited Land's End Inn a few doors away and were welcomed with open arms, even if just for a tour for our next visit. Indeed we will be staying at Red Inn. Even the dinner at Red Inn was just mediocre. Spoke to Shawn the owner and he basically told us "who cares if you enjoyed your stay...we're the Red Inn" What an arrogant and bad attitude for a hotel/restaurant to have.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank ptownvisit
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

We have wanted to stay at the Red Inn for years, finally did it this past week. Our room was very nice with a spectacular view of the harbor and beyond. The amenities in the room were good, nice new flat-screen tv and Gilchrest and Soames toiletries in the bath. Very clean. We ate at the restaurant one evening. The food was delicious, the menu quite extensive, I can see why it is busy every night. I did make note of other reviewers complaints about the Red Inn's employees not being overly friendly and I do agree to that to a certain extent. The young lady who checked us in was a bit forgetful as to informing us about breakfast(more on that later) and other details but she was very pleasant. The man who checked us out was rather curt and did not ask "How was your stay?" which I find unusual in any hotel/motel/inn. I did think for the price(shoulder season) that more than muffins(obviously not cooked on premises), juice and coffee should be offered, I don't know what they serve in high season. Our biggest complaint and the reason we probably will never go there again is the fact that smoking is allowed everywhere outside on the property. The decks off the rooms are not private as it is just one long deck divided by lattice partions, so when the people in the room next door smoke and your sliders are open the smell comes right into your room and lingers for quite a while. It made it impossible for us to sit on our deck because of this. Some guests 2 doors down were smoking cigars! Talk about stink. So we were more or less prisioners in our room with the slider shut. How in this day and age a facility such as this allows smoking anywhere on the premises, the place is so old a stray butt would send it up in flames in no time. We did express our dismay at the cigar smoking but was told basically "too bad, it's allowed" Well too bad for the Red Inn because we won't be going back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple