“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Red Inn
Ranked #37 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2003

I just returned from a three day trip to Provincetown and thought I would try staying someplace different from where I usually stay. I found The Red Inn via an internet search and am I so glad I did! The setting is amazing...beautiful harborside location, fantastic gardens and a beautifully restored 200 year old building right on the waters edge! When the tide is high, you really do feel like you are on a boat! My room was beautifully decorated with all the extras: an amazingly comfortable bed, locally made soaps and shampoos (with the most heavenly scent!), luxurious bedding, even homemade cookies that seemed to magically show up in my room before bedtime! Their restuarant is also phenominal, it is easy to see why this place has won so many awards for both dining and lodging. The hosts (four guys who are also easy on the eyes!) could not be nicer or more accommodating, as was every staff member I encountered. Keep up the good work fellas, this reviewer will definitely be back....soon, I hope!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2003

What a wonderful experience! The room was fantastic and the food sublime! The staff was very helpful and freindly,which is unusual for such a busy resort town!.In the past the Red Inn was like most of the busy Inns in Town,Too busy to care ,but not any more! I will stay there when ever I get the chance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2003

Wow! I have been coming to Provincetown for more than 20 years and I have always wondered why there were (at least to my knowledge) no truly upscale, botique hotels. Well, I finally (after over hearing a concersation in the Virgin Islands recommending the place) found the perfect spot...the Red Inn. True to thier advertising, the 200 year old Inn sits in one of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen. The Inn itself is so graciously and tastefully decorated (not at all like so many Provincetown guesthouses that are all fussy and victorian...yuk!) it feels like one of the 5 star, European style botique hotels one usually only finds in Europe of large US cities. The owners and staff make you feel as if you are their only guest...and the restaurant is certainly deserving of its numerous awards. I can't wait to return! PS: At check in, I overheard a staff member fully describe the "downside" of The Cape Light Room...what the other reviewers didn't tell you is how reasonably priced that room (usually their last vacancy) is due to its proximity to the dining room. From what I observed, the staff member went out of his way to disclose the potential "noise factor", giving the guest every opportunity to make another selection or to accept this "deeply discounted" accommodation. If it is anything like the other rooms I saw, it will be well worth the reasonable expense...a little noise (what else would one expect in a 200 year old inn?) is a small price to pay for an opportunity to stay at The Red Inn. Treat yourself and see for yourself! I know I've finally found the perfect Provincetown getaway! A new but delighted fan!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2003

It is right next to the kitchen/dining room.nice view. but very noisy all afternoon/night and in the morning with the breakfast!! however, the dining experience and view are fantastic!~

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2003

Casual elegance is how I would describe The Red Inn. The owners are personable and always available.No surprise that Chef Philip Mossy and his Team Cuisine were included in the International Who' Who of Chefs. The food quality and presentation is superb. We have stayed in the Chauffer's Cottage and Delft Haven Residence. Both offer privacy as well as all the conveniences of the Inn. I highly recommend you treat yourself to a stay at the Inn.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2002

We found the Red Inn on the internet and were able to get a room for one night during a long weekend in the Fall. The views of Provincetown harbor are incredible, and at high tide the water is right there outside the Inn and your room.

The room we stayed in (Long Point LIght) had a simple elegance with wide pine floors, a beautiful sliding glass door out to the waterfront, the most comfortable bed and an over all bright and refreshing warmth to it.

I found the staff to be very, very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The Inn is close to town, only a mile walk- a really nice walk at that, past other old Inns. It was so nice to be downtown in all the activity and crowds and then walk back to peace, beauty and relaxing atmosphere at the Red Inn.

The harbor views and the beautifully decorated rooms are enough to lure me back to the Red Inn. It is the perfect place to treat yourself to a special night or two in P-town!

Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2002

My fiance and I have stayed at the Red Inn three times so far in 2002. We love the place so much we decided to have our wedding there. The staff are helpful and considerate and were willing to accomodate out of the ordinary requests instantly.

The views of the bay are wonderful and lounging on the deck is delightful.

Most of the time, we strolled into the town center past beautiful gardens and well kept homes. We also brought bikes. Biking all the way to the other end of town only takes a few minutes.

We already have reservations for Thanksgiving, Memorial Day and two weeks next summer. It's a GREAT romantic getaway!