All reviewscommercial streetp towncontinental breakfastperfect locationslidersoff seasonstay there againrooms are cleanyogurtthe main streetwonderful staycan't wait to go backvisiting provincetownnew ownerscape codsagelounge
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This review is mostly about the "Inn" side of this business. We stayed in room 307 for 5 nights during Bear Week. Good for a 3 night stay. Lack of a lounge area makes a longer stay uncomfortable.

The biggest negative issue is Sage Inns has no place for us to hang out. The entire downstairs is the restaurant, basically. There is no place to just hang out and read, have coffee, etc. On the 2nd floor is a small upstairs lobby area and special function area. This need to be turned into space for paying hotel guests to hang out

We were allowed (and even encouraged) to hang out in the space IF (big "if") no other paying function was scheduled. There were 4 semi-comfortable chairs in the space and 2 user friendly 4 person tables. No place to "lounge"; i.e. put your feet up, relax, read a book. All the chairs on 2nd floor deck are hard and straight back. There is a comfy outdoor lounge area with comfy cushioned furniture on the 1st floor BUT (big "but") you can not take alcoholic drinks out there. (I am betting that is a legal, nonnegotiable, restriction.)

The breakfast is is no protein/high carbohydrate; which is typical inn fare. Coffee also. Only fruit I saw was grapefruit. I need protein to start my day right so that was a none starter for us.

(Mostly) Good stuff:
1. Friendly, helpful staff and owners. Everyone we came in contact with was 100% customer oriented.

2. Location. Location. Location: Set back just enough off Commercial St to dim the noise. You can still people watch from 2nd floor deck. No problem with noise even during Bear Week. It is about as close to the "heart" of the PTown action as you can get. Ideal if you are using the Ferry.

3. Free parking for 3 of our 5 night stay. Moved to Private Parking for 2 night ($26 daily).

4. Pets allowed (apparently). There were a few friendly pets in other rooms.

5. Restaurant: The bartender and drinks are killer good. The food is excellent. We had a SPAM slider (with Kimchi) that was excellent. Yes the portions are small-ish and the prices PTown

6. Free Wi-Fi was fast and never dropped out.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307 for 5 nights. It has a small refrigerator. There is no microwave or "make-your-own" coffee service tray. Room has 2 straight back cane chairs and a wooden round table. No soft lounge type sitting space. Quiet. Two windows (one looking into patio of other rental property & one into treed area).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a wonderful experience I had at the Sage inn last week. They were very accomodating, comfortable, gracious and figured out a way to let me stay an extra night. Great people, food and rooms! Would come back in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The general manager Cathy is excellent and very helpful! We had an event at Sage and everything was perfect. The food and decorations for our event exceeded the expectations of both myself and the other coordinators.The bedrooms are very clean and nicely decorated. Every staff member we met was incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about Provincetown. The Inn is also extremely pet and service animal friendly. Our room came equipped with a water dish for our dog when we checked in. The location is superb and the Inn is also very quiet giving its location on Commercial street. I had an excellent experience and cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. I coudl not fault it for location, comfort and service. Indeed the staff are so extremily nice, consistently, nothing is too much trouble and they are available for anything, no matter how small. The rooms are comfortablre with great AC. Internet is free and also really reliable. A small breakfast of coffee and muffins is served daily which is nice. The location is probably the best in town in my opinion, having been to Ptown a number of times; being slap bang in the middle of the action, but away ever so slightly removed from all the noise of the main road, its literally a few steps back from the road, but that means you are away from the noise and caos which is nice, but can just as easily dive into it in 30 seconds walk! Would not stay anywhere else in Province Town! bThanks again guys for such a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing time. The staff and owners were so friendly and welcoming. We can't wait to visit again for longer and bring our dog. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was low key and relaxed with a classy feel. I truly have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple