“Outstanding Hotel!”

Sage Inn & Lounge
Ranked #16 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Hotel was WONDERFUL! We strongly recommend this property. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the food at the restaurant was DELICIOUS! The hotel was on the boardwalk but it has its own private driveway and it's far away from the noise and the crowds. Lovely place!
The ownership and management at this hotel definitively know what they're doing. Look no further if you are looking for a place to stay!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly or go to their website to look for availability do not go to third parties.
1  Thank KylieMinogueFan10

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recently spent three nights at The Sage Inn, as with life there are sometimes hiccups. What I can say is that each and every staff and management team member bent over backwards to fix or accommodate the hiccups. This hotel has an amazing team working there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have an adjoining door. There is currently a single hollow door between...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Allen C
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not only did I find my room and the public areas at Sage to be immaculate and comfortable but the staff could not have been more accommodating, both in terms of hospitality and helpfulness. Location is convenient for everything, including a short walk to the town beach for swimming, walking or kayaking. Rates are significantly lower than comp inns I have stayed at in Provincetown. Two things moved them into "above and beyond" category for me; forgot my smart phone charger and a staffer with the same phone brought in one from home for me AND I accidentally dropped an earring in my bathroom sink (explained that while not financially valuable it was sentimentally invaluable). When I returned later that morning, not only did they have the earring for me but a lovely note that said they were just as happy to retrieve it as I was to have it back. This one's definitely a keeper!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bos2nBonnie
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A larget hotel in the center of the commercial district which is convenient located to all sights which is within walking distance. The hotel is larger than a B&B had an average room (like a Quality Inn or budget hotel). The continental breakfast each morning was quite limited (tea/coffee/juice and stale pastry). Service was very good with Anthony at the front desk who wa always willing to please. The price is very good for the summer at under $200 per night. Would I stay here again for pleasure? Probably not.

1  Thank MarcoPro2050
Cathy N, General Manager at Sage Inn & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Having been open for just over one year we encourage all our guests to share their feedback and suggestions for improvement. We take pride in our attention to detail and we are fortunate to have wonderful service-oriented staff working with us. Our location in the center of town is unbeatable as the bustle of Commercial Street is just steps away. We are also conveniently located just 2 blocks from the ferry dock. Our guest rooms are clean and well maintained and offer a no-frills comfortable stay for our guests. We admit, our breakfast is not an elaborate spread but providing a simple start to the day for our guests has enabled us to keep our rates reasonable and competitive. Many of our guests enjoy morning coffee on our outdoor patio aside the vertical herb wall or upstairs in our newly renovated Clubhouse space or deck area. We hope you do have the chance to return to Provincetown for pleasure.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 3 days this past weekend and from start to finish had the best time. Upon check in , John was more than gracious and made us feel completely at home and welcomed. The rooms and lobby areas where very clean and we had no complaints about anything at all. I have already inquired to Anthony and John about returning again this season and definately next year during the same weekend. I would reccommend this place to anyone who wants a hip place in the middle of everything but has the charm and grace of a bed and breakfast type small inn. Bravo on a beautiful experience in Provincetown!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for five nights with my girlfriend over the Memorial Day weekend.

Arrived on the Saturday on the ferry from Boston so Provincetown was very busy. Got a cab from the port to the hotel as it was raining but in retrospect we would have walked as it takes less than 10 minutes and the cab cost $16.

The Sage Inn is located off Commercial Street so its in a great location. The staff were very friendly on arrival and gave us helpful information about the hotel facilities.

The room was quite small but more than adequate for our needs. The bathroom was a good size with a shower and toilet but the sink was in the room which I never like.

Breakfast was standard with bagels, coffee and juice. Annoyingly we only received breakfast on the first three mornings. When we asked why there was no breakfast on the last two days we were told they only offer it at weekends. Which was strange as we got it on the Monday and Tuesday. I think the real reason was because we were the only people staying in the hotel on those two days so they couldn't be bothered catering for us. It would have been nice to have been informed that breakfast was not complimentary every morning when I booked or when checking in.

On check in we were told the hotel closes at 11pm so you need to use the upstairs door to gain entry after this time. The hotel reception, including bar and restaurant, closed around half 11 on the Saturday and Sunday but it closed at 6-7pm on the other days of our stay. Because of that I cannot comment on the food or drink but it did look good from what I saw.

I would stay here again but not during off-season weekdays as the hotel is dead so I feel like I did not get the full Sage Inn experience.

Good: Great location, comfortable bed, friendly staff
Bad: Breakfast only at weekends (or when there are more than 2 people staying), Sink in bedroom, Room not serviced on the last day, Small TV

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean_No1
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got married here May 4, 2013, and I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about our experience. Cathy, Sheri and Chef Lucio were beyond spectacular. Cathy began organizing and preparing our event MONTHS in advance, and her expertise and attention to detail were demonstrated in our seamless event. We utilized their large event space, which seated our 85 guests perfectly, and also had our cocktail hour in their modern lounge. The food was unreal, all of our guests (who mostly work in the restaurant industry in NYC and Boston) were so impressed. If we were to do it over again I would not change a single thing, and any future event I may have in P-town will most definitely be at Sage. SPECTACULAR!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provincetown
1 mi away
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
#6 of 63 in Provincetown

Been to Sage Inn & Lounge? Share your experiences!