All reviewscommercial streetp towncontinental breakfastperfect locationslidersoff seasonstay there againrooms are cleanyogurtthe main streetwonderful staycan't wait to go backvisiting provincetownnew ownerscape codsagelounge
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A larget hotel in the center of the commercial district which is convenient located to all sights which is within walking distance. The hotel is larger than a B&B had an average room (like a Quality Inn or budget hotel). The continental breakfast each morning was quite limited (tea/coffee/juice and stale pastry). Service was very good with Anthony at the front desk who wa always willing to please. The price is very good for the summer at under $200 per night. Would I stay here again for pleasure? Probably not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarcoPro2050
Cathy N, General Manager at Pilgrim House, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Having been open for just over one year we encourage all our guests to share their feedback and suggestions for improvement. We take pride in our attention to detail and we are fortunate to have wonderful service-oriented staff working with us. Our location in the center of town is unbeatable as the bustle of Commercial Street is just steps away. We are also conveniently located just 2 blocks from the ferry dock. Our guest rooms are clean and well maintained and offer a no-frills comfortable stay for our guests. We admit, our breakfast is not an elaborate spread but providing a simple start to the day for our guests has enabled us to keep our rates reasonable and competitive. Many of our guests enjoy morning coffee on our outdoor patio aside the vertical herb wall or upstairs in our newly renovated Clubhouse space or deck area. We hope you do have the chance to return to Provincetown for pleasure.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 3 days this past weekend and from start to finish had the best time. Upon check in , John was more than gracious and made us feel completely at home and welcomed. The rooms and lobby areas where very clean and we had no complaints about anything at all. I have already inquired to Anthony and John about returning again this season and definately next year during the same weekend. I would reccommend this place to anyone who wants a hip place in the middle of everything but has the charm and grace of a bed and breakfast type small inn. Bravo on a beautiful experience in Provincetown!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for five nights with my girlfriend over the Memorial Day weekend.

Arrived on the Saturday on the ferry from Boston so Provincetown was very busy. Got a cab from the port to the hotel as it was raining but in retrospect we would have walked as it takes less than 10 minutes and the cab cost $16.

The Sage Inn is located off Commercial Street so its in a great location. The staff were very friendly on arrival and gave us helpful information about the hotel facilities.

The room was quite small but more than adequate for our needs. The bathroom was a good size with a shower and toilet but the sink was in the room which I never like.

Breakfast was standard with bagels, coffee and juice. Annoyingly we only received breakfast on the first three mornings. When we asked why there was no breakfast on the last two days we were told they only offer it at weekends. Which was strange as we got it on the Monday and Tuesday. I think the real reason was because we were the only people staying in the hotel on those two days so they couldn't be bothered catering for us. It would have been nice to have been informed that breakfast was not complimentary every morning when I booked or when checking in.

On check in we were told the hotel closes at 11pm so you need to use the upstairs door to gain entry after this time. The hotel reception, including bar and restaurant, closed around half 11 on the Saturday and Sunday but it closed at 6-7pm on the other days of our stay. Because of that I cannot comment on the food or drink but it did look good from what I saw.

I would stay here again but not during off-season weekdays as the hotel is dead so I feel like I did not get the full Sage Inn experience.

Good: Great location, comfortable bed, friendly staff
Bad: Breakfast only at weekends (or when there are more than 2 people staying), Sink in bedroom, Room not serviced on the last day, Small TV

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean_No1
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got married here May 4, 2013, and I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about our experience. Cathy, Sheri and Chef Lucio were beyond spectacular. Cathy began organizing and preparing our event MONTHS in advance, and her expertise and attention to detail were demonstrated in our seamless event. We utilized their large event space, which seated our 85 guests perfectly, and also had our cocktail hour in their modern lounge. The food was unreal, all of our guests (who mostly work in the restaurant industry in NYC and Boston) were so impressed. If we were to do it over again I would not change a single thing, and any future event I may have in P-town will most definitely be at Sage. SPECTACULAR!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Sage Inn. They did everything possible to make us feel welcome. The food they provided for the Friday evening reception was delicious, as was the food for the cocktail party and wedding dinner. Everything was done in a timely way....they were on top of it. The continental breakfast they provided in the morning was perfect and a great setting to talk with other guests staying at the Inn. The location of the Inn made it easy to experience Provincetown. I highly recommend the Sage Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family