“Great Mexican Food in P-Town”
Review of El Mundo - CLOSED

El Mundo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Mexican Food in P-Town”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Where to begin...

I was born and raised in Texas (i.e. with Mexican food). I have been living in Pennsylvania since 2007 and have struggled to find decent Mexican food since then. I was excited and skeptical when I saw El Mundo in Provincetown.

I was here for my birthday and was just strolling around Commercial Street when my girlfriend and I found this place. We decided to eat at El Mundo for dinner and were not disappointed.

We ordered the Queso (which is more like a Queso Fundido than a runny cheese), margaritas and the Grilled Chicken Burrito. There is a drink on the menu called a Mosquito that we were interested in trying, too.

The Mosquito was a spicy little devil served in a clear skull-shaped shot glass. Entirely tasty and surprising in flavor and potency. Their house margaritas are fantastic! I have no clue what they put in their sour mix, but it rivaled the margaritas I could get back home.

The Grilled Chicken Burrito was massive and very good.

Did I fail to mention that we went back again three days later?

This is a genius and creative addition to the foods you can get while in Provincetown. The staff is friendly and the food is delicious.

Five out of Five stars.

• Visited June 2012

Lancaster
“Really good mexican food.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Superb margarittas!!!! great staff. wonderful food. unfortunately it wasn't quite warm enough to eat outside.we went twice in our two week stay and would say it is deffintely the better of the two mexicans in town.

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive and Good”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food is delicious and plentiful. The drinks are good. The decor is fun and the atmosphere comfortable. If weather permits you can sit outside and enjoy an excellent view of the harbor.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great fish tacos! Wonderful Carnitas too!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stumbled into El Mundo after most of our other choices were full. (Silly us didn't make reservations for a Saturday night.) But the atmosphere was lovely, the fish tacos were excellent and the prices very fair. The margaritas were a little weak, but the food was stellar. I would definitely recommend checking this out.

• Visited October 2012
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Yummy inexpenisve mexican fare”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

El Mundo has great inexpensive mexican cuisine with good margaritas. I only wish they were open more frequently and did not charge for chips.

Visited September 2012