“Very Pleased!”
Review of Somerset House Inn

Somerset House Inn
Ranked #31 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2007

We stayed in room 6, it has the most beautiful slate tile bathroom with the most terrific shower I've ever been in. Everything was immaculate. Staff was very friendly & made a great breakfast! I have nothing bad to say at all! I have already booked another stay for September for when the summer rush ends.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank arb1971

Reviewed September 10, 2006

My partner and I have been going to Ptown for the past three summers and have spend all three at the Somerset. The rooms are beautifully designed and are so comfortable, a lot of times, we just stayed in and relaxed inside. The inn is located on the East End of Ptown, right in the heart of the art district but downtown Ptown is a few minutes walk away. Dan and Bob (and their dog, Beau) were the best host we could hope for. They treated my partner and I like we were family. My partner has Cerebral Palsy and needs canes to walk but Dan and Bob helped us make our stay easy from picking us up and dropping us off at the ferry dock to getting us reservations at Ptown's best restaurants like Front Street and The Red Inn. Bob also makes breakfast every morning for the guests and holds a bbq on Saturday evenings in the summer (both are great.) We can't wait to go back. - The Bears from Brooklyn, NY

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mikeg824
Reviewed February 18, 2006

My husband and I spent a weekend during the off season at the Somerset House Inn--it was magical! Our hosts, Dan and Bob, made us feel so welcome and the B & B was so charming that we were beyond relaxed. Our room was lovely and interesting, clean and bright. The location of the Somerset House was close to both the museum, the ocean, great restaurants and the fantastic shops. It really was a haven to escape to when we were on sensory overload! Dan and Bob are the perfect hosts--we felt like invited guests, not boarders--Lovely!

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank sjohnson57
Reviewed January 11, 2006

Outstanding! Everything about the Somerset House Inn is fantastic! My partner and I traveled with my cousin, her husband and another couple and we all had a great time! The location of the inn is perfect. Centrally located on Commercial Street, the inn allows for easy walking to shops, galleries, restaurants, museums, even the bay and the beach!
The inn itself has 12 very different and very wonderful rooms. Our room boasted a hot tub and beautiful view of the bay, my cousin’s room had a charming fireplace, our friends’ room had an additional sunroom/sitting area that was perfect for reading and relaxing.
Our hosts Dan and Bob were absolutely charming. Their love of the inn and of Provincetown really shows the high quality of hospitality they provide. The tasty breakfasts, enchanting receptions and delightful conversations at the inn are among the things we all remember fondly from our trip. As you can imagine – we want to go back! If you get the chance -- stay at the Somerset House Inn!

6  Thank MTJDchicago
A TripAdvisor Member
CT
Reviewed October 3, 2005

This home is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! I have stayed in B&B's over many years of traveling and Somerset is my favorite! Very relaxed and friendly!! Great place to stay, FAB hosts, outstanding staff!! I will not stay any other place upon my return to P-Town. Sexy Bathroom!!!

Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Somerset House Inn for a long weekend, and we could have had a fabulous time without ever leaving the Inn!! The owners are very friendly and accomodating. The rooms each have a different and funky style, each decorated beautifully and painted a bright, cheerful color (without being too overpowering). The breakfasts each morning were plentiful and delicious, and the wine and snacks in the evening were a wonderful way to relax before heading out. During the summer months, they have a barbeque on Saturdays, which we missed, but the owners offered to save us some food for later! The gardens in front were beautiful and a great place to people-watch, and the "business center" with laptop, internet access, and printer, were handy for last-minute planning. I can't say enough good things about this place, and with all the special touches, the room rate was an exceptional value. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank Jenn_JB
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed May 17, 2005

new owners are a pleasure to do business with, they made our stay comfortable and relaxing, bathrooms a bit behind the times but clean, comfortable bed, Aveda toiletries a nice surprise. We're staying here again in a couple of months.

• Stayed: May 2005