“Nice B&B”
Review of Snug Cottage

Snug Cottage
Ranked #37 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed one night at this B&B and we liked the experience. It is very handy to have the parking included just in front of the house and we are at walking distance to the main street.
THe breakfast was good.
We were not very used to the 'old' style but it felt like it was a real american home
It is expensive though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for three nights whilst we explored Provincetown and it was wonderful. The hosts were very accommodating with our late night arrival which we really appreciated as 1am isn't your usual check in time!

The breakfast was delicious with a wide selection of muffins, breads, homemade granola and fruit each morning. Our room - the Churchill suite was spacious and backed onto the guest garden which was so very beautiful.

I think the location was perfect, only five minutes from the main pier by foot - so convenient for exploring the town during the day but away from the noise of Commercial Street in the evening - which was a bonus on a Saturday night!

Room Tip: The Churchill Suite was fantastic, obviously I can't speak for the other rooms but this one was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The owner is nice and friendly. The garden is well-maintained, sweet and relaxing. The room is small but comfortable and clean. Breakfast is adequate. I love its location - it's not neighboring the beach but that also means the place is more quiet than places on the streets near the beach. And it's just 5 minutes walk to the street with lots of shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed one night. The room was very nice and clean. We were welcomed by Brian. He showed us our room. Gave us directions and suggestions. The inn is walking distance to almost everything in town. We also asked if we could leave our car after we checked out and we were told we could. The breakfast was very nice with many choices. Would definetly suggest this place and would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Room was very nice and the owners were pleasant and accommodating. Property is beautiful - we had breakfast outside and enjoyed the morning sun. Food was delicious. The owner allowed us to park the car there until 3:00pm even though we checked out at noon. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for just one night and can't wait to go back! We are very particular about B and B's, usually opting for Select Registry or that caliber-this one was right up there! Owner was great, breakfast beautifully served and inn very charming and welcoming-great location for walking or biking around P-Town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I showed up on a rainy Friday morning and as soon as I parked my car, the rain stopped. When I made the reservation, I sent an inquiry to the Innkeepers asking if I could possibly park my car in their lot and wander around town until check-in time. I immediately received a reply email saying "Yes - absolutely you may use our lot if your room isn't ready when you arrive".

So I arrived - stupid early - and by chance, my room was ready. Bill/Brian (I can't remember which one I spoke with) was great. Friendly, helpful, easy to talk to. He showed me around the house (charming), and gave me the lay of the land - coffee maker, movies, ice machine, breakfast, etc.

The entrance to Snug Cottage is warm and inviting. A sprawling brick patio, well planted with clusters of seating and tables greets you as you walk up to the front door (after parking your car in their ample lot). The tones of Snug Cottage are dark - masculine, warm, historic. Dark wood, dark upholstery, but it doesn't feel heavy. Everything is period, a bit worn (in a lovely way), and has character. You'd imagine that this was the Provincetown vacation home of a well to do and well heeled 60 year old bachelor in the 1920's.

Small engraved brass plaques quietly announce everything - which closet has the icemaker, which closet is for housekeeping, which room or suite you're standing in front of. Walking through Snug Cottage is a study in creaks and groans in the old floorboards. Not in an annoying way - in the sort of way that you loved your grandparents house and made a game of avoiding or stepping on specific floorboards when you wanted to alternately be quiet, or a nuisance.

I stayed in the York Suite. Bright - whites and blues, splashes of yellow, spacious, nooks to nap and read a book, a fireplace if the season is appropriate, plenty of appropriate lighting, WATER VIEWS (from one of the nooks). It was comfortable, charming (I'm using that word a lot and it's absolutely appropriate), and felt open and breezy. With the windows open, the air was constantly moving through the room keeping everything fresh and cool.

Breakfast was lovely. Bill/Brian made a great egg casserole, the blueberry muffins were delicious, cereals, yogurt, lots of fresh fruit, oatmeal, granola (homemade - I think), breads, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, preserves, juice, coffee - best B&B breakfast I've had in a while.

Afternoon refreshments featured: lemonade, white wine, and homemade oatmeal cookies. All were delightful.

Coffee seemed to be available 24/7 from the Keurig in the Living Room.

The grounds were lush: overplanted in a wonderful "wilderness meets gay" sort of way.

I would definitely stay here again. And again =)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo