“A perfect "staycation"”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Biddeford Pool, Maine
“A perfect "staycation"”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My partner and I spent the weekend before Christmas here for a getaway from Southern Maine. We booked the hotel on a recommendation from friends who had stayed their prior. Because of work commitments, we had to arrive very late the first night, and I emailed the owner to see if that was OK. Not only was it OK, but they went out of their way to make sure we felt welcomed and had our room key when we arrived after midnight. Steve and Brandon had an incredible meal prepared both mornings, and were incredibly friendly, full of suggestions on what to do, and catered to our every need. The rooms were reasonably priced and very luxurious, we stayed in "Penthouse 3", and it was just perfect. We will most certainly make this our choice for lodging for our future visits to Provincetown.

Room Tip: Penthouses are great and in my opinion, well worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brandon G
Manager_8DyerHotel, Owner at 8 Dyer Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Brandon G:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such a positive review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next visit!

You mention that we went out of our way to make sure you felt welcomed. We just consider it the basic art of hospitality. We hope that everyone who stays with us feels as you do. We also agree that the Penthouses are real gems and offer just a bit more space and luxury.

Please come stay with us again!

Steve Katsurinis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had not been to PTown in over 8 Years, and it was at least 10 years since I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast. I have never been happier with a decision on where to stay. Loved the fact that 8 Dyer is modern-day construction, a rare find in PTown. The Hosts, Brandon and Steve, made me feel like I was a member of their family stopping in for a Long Weekend Visit. These genuine, friendly owners were so generous with their time, attention and conversation. The guest room was gorgeous, and I could nap forever on their Lobby Couch next to the crackling fireplace. My favorite part? The Morning Breakfast - it was ridiculously delicious. What a spread that Brandon prepared for us! I will be back, and I will be recommending 8 Dyer to all my family and friends. Worth every penny spent for a Winter's Getaway, and I cannot wait to come back in the Summer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdwardRBeach
Dear Ed Beach:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of 8 Dyer Hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We have been so blessed to have had wonderful guests, such as you, stay with us to mark significant dates like birthdays. You are right; winter in Provincetown is a special time. We hope you return soon to stay and enjoy our seasonal breakfasts and the amenities that summer and fall offer in Provincetown.

Again, thank you for staying and your kind words about our inn.

Steve Katsurinis
Stamford, CT
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

If, like me, your taste runs to modern not traditional, 8 Dyer is the place to stay when visiting Provincetown. We stumbled on it when our usual hotel was booked and we're glad we did. Co-owner Brandon was friendly not intrusive, and his training at the Culinary Institute showed up in the beyond lavish breakfast he prepared for his guests. He was also very accommodating; I'm an early riser and he cheerfully made me food before the stated breakfast time.
Our room (9) was small but well-appointed (it reminded me of a cabin on a yacht). In addition to the lobby area there was also a public room with a large whirlpool and a sauna, and a nice touch, a frig full of free water bottles to keep guests hydrated while in the sauna.
As we checked out, Brandon asked us if there was anything we thought he should do differently. It says a lot that he would ask that, and our answer was "nothing".

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank klipmom
Manager_8DyerHotel, Owner at 8 Dyer Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Klipmom:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are so pleased that everything met your expectations. We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did not stay at the 8 Dyer Hotel, but I did think the facilities and the hotel were exceptional. I visited friends who were staying at this hotel. The rooms were immaculate and the pool area is great. If I visit Ptown again, I will make this hotel my number 1 choice for lodging.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill D
Manager_8DyerHotel, Owner at 8 Dyer Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Bill D:

Thank you for leaving us such kind feedback. We appreciate knowing that we will be your choice for your future visits to P'town. Please check our rates and availability online at 8dyer.com and if you have any questions, call us at (508) 487-0880.

We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I once spent a winter on Martha's Vineyard several years ago and I never thought that getaway experience could be duplicated or improved, yet 5 days at the 8 Dyer Hotel changed that utterly.
The weather caught the last charm of Fall. It seemed like everywhere I walked, on the beach and in Provincetown, soothed and fed my soul from the full moon rising over the water to the marvelous fireplace at 8 Dyer where we sipped wine and got to know the Innkeepers, Brandon and Steve. A then there's the food, the food!
Brandon, it turns out, is highly trained in the culinary arts of which all the guests were beneficiaries. You get a lot for your dollar here. Free bicycles, sauna, pool.
Also a perfect location, half block from the beach.

1 Thank Richard C
Dear Richard C:

Thank you for staying at 8 Dyer Hotel and for leaving us such kind feedback. We enjoyed having you stay and are so pleased you found our many amenities to extend you value. We try hard to provide our guests with the type of amenities that will allow them to relax and unwind while being as active as they choose. So, between our pool, jacuzzi, fireplace, complimentary bikes and complete breakfast, we hope we provide the full range of benefits.

Please come stay with us again, soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently stayed in Provincetown at this lovely inn and I was blown away at the amenities. The owners operate a contemporary 7-room inn with a pool, sauna/hottub, bikes, fireplaces in the rooms and a roaring fire in the great room. They have tvs in the all the rooms and complementary wifi throughout.

The breakfast has to be the best in P'town: fresh baked muffins, housemade granola with ginger, scrambled eggs and bacon and tator tots; you have to be joking! Then they asked if I wanted anything else? Sure, how about a poached egg? 5 minutes later, Steve delivers it to me at my table. This is amazing!

The best part is you could stay here anytime of the year and have a great experience! I encourage you to book before it is filled up. This place is popular and getting more well-known.

Room Tip: PH2 is a king room with its own jacuzzi. Snag it!
Dear FirstClassTrvlr:

Thank you for staying at 8 Dyer Hotel and for leaving us such positive feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed our breakfast. Chef Brandon is very committed to providing our guests with diverse offerings that all feature the best local produce New England and Cape Cod have to offer.

Please come stay with us again, soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Another fabulous stay at 8 Dyer! My husband and I stayed earlier in the year and felt we wanted to spend more time in Provincetown, so we booked 7 days mid October. Again, our experience far exceeded our expectations. So much to do, yet so relaxing! The Inn is a 1/2 block to Commercial Street, and water/beach, where most of the art galleries, restaurants, and wonderful shops are located. Everything is an easy walk.

The town is absolutely charming and fun. The Inn provides newer, well maintained 21 speed bikes and helmets for free. The bike trails on that part of the cape are paved and many. We found ourselves bicycling out to the dunes and fall colors....even spotted a red tail fox among the different animals and birds. However, our stay in such a wonderfully maintained Inn is what sets the experience. From the time we walk in, to a modern, open, very inviting area, to our well appointed and comfortable room, to all the amenities that are offered; we know we are in the right place! Brandon and Steve the proprietors, are welcoming, readily helpful, yet respectful of privacy.
Along with everything 8 Dyer has to offer; what sets this Inn apart from our stays in other places, is the breakfast that is offered everyday. We consider ourselves foodies, and Brandon is a CIA trained chef. Everything is fresh, baked on premise, and just "yummy". From the many coffees that are available, to the "serve yourself" bloody marys, to all the meats, cheese, salmon, etc etc....self restraint can be difficult. Fresh biscotti.....I can go on and on.
The other trip advisor comments are right on! Pamper yourself, you will not be disappointed.
The only con, Need to spend more time in the gym....but totally worth it!

Room Tip: Stayed in P2 and loved it. Fireplace, whirlpool tub, refer stocked with water
Dear Nancy:

Thank you so much for staying with us again and for leaving such positive feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the fall season in Provincetown. We really pride ourselves on offering our guests a wonderful year-round relaxing destination.

You mention that we are both welcoming and respectful of privacy. That is a very important aspect of innkeeping and we are pleased you found our balance to be just right.

Please come back soon and experience 8 Dyer Hotel in another lovely season!