“Wow, what a fabulous place”
Review of 8 Dyer Hotel

8 Dyer Hotel
Ranked #2 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were there for the August Canadian long weekend and had a fabulous time. The owners go way out of their way to make sure that you have a great time when staying with them. We have booked for next year already and can't wait. The owners are in the right business. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Thanks for the wonderful time boys.

Michael and Richard

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a really nice place and just over a year ago, new owners took over and apparently have made some really nice improvements. The hotel has a very nice pool and many comfortable places to sit both inside and outside. Everything is maintained meticulously. The breakfast served is quite ample in that it consists of cereals, breads, muffins, cheeses and more (a great Nespresso coffee maker).

Overall, our room was nice but it is quite unfortunate how small the bathroom is in PH3. The sink is so small that it consists of a small triangle. The toilet flushes quite loudly and in order to get into the shower (a nice marble walk in), you need step around the toilet to do so.

I was a little taken back with the size of our room. The website is accurate in that it shows the square feet of each room but I did not realize that when you remove the square feet from our second level (which consists of a large Jacuzzi and otherwise unusable space), the main room becomes quite tight, especially for two people. Also, there is no dresser or usable furniture and therefore no drawer space. Good room for one person, very tight for two.

The owners go out of their way to be accommodating. They are relatively new at this however are are still learning the ropes. On arriving, I realized that there were not enough hangers in the closet for two people and when I inquired, I was told that in the entire hotel there was only one extra hanger.

In short, a very nice place, perfect if you are looking for a pool and you are a solo traveler.

Room Tip: Most rooms on second level of house and are quiet. Two rooms on main level. Room 8 on main level is...
2  Thank Kenbob
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Frank, Tim and Emma run the most awesome Inn in Provincetown. We got to spend about 5 nights there and everything was impeccable. From awesome breakfasts and cool refreshing drinks by the pool in the afternoon to the treats layed out at night, everything was a great 5 star experience. We have stayed at the Brass Key and Crown Pointe before and their service is very lackluster compared to Frank's hospitality. But I have to say one of favorite parts were the kisses from Emma.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My partner and I stayed for a 3 night visit last week at 8 Dyer, which was recommended by friends who have a house nearby. What a wonderful surprise, a beautiful Inn, incredibly well run. We arrived and after getting a tour and settling in were treated to a glass of wine. Our host Frank could not have been more helpful, offering suggestions and making arrangements throughout the stay when appropriate, an incredibly gracious host. Breakfast was wonderful (piping hot coffee, selection of teas, fresh juice, espresso, local baked goods, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurt, granola, cereals, smoked salmon, ham, cheeses, etc - a great spread), and Frank apologized that we were missing the really great weekend breakfasts when his partner Tim is on the premises and cooks. Beds were super, rooms and bathrooms spotless, and all the small things thought of - a generous supply of towels by the pool and Jacuzzi, basket of sunscreen products by the pool, bicycles to borrow, umbrellas if needed, etc. My favorite part - a late night treat (different each night) waiting for you upon return. Who doesn't love a mini cupcake at midnight? We have already booked a fall weekend return visit. I almost hate to add to the good reviews, worried this Inn will be too booked up for me to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob06525
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've stayed at 8 Dyer twice now, and it's just my favorite place. Provincetown has a lot going on, and 8 Dyer provides the perfect counterpoint. There are only a few rooms, so it's quiet. The pool and deck are perfect for relaxation. The rooms are incredibly comfortable (fantastic bed).
And Frank and Tim couldn't be more welcoming. They bent over backwards to make the guests happy. There's all sorts of little touches - sometimes they bake cookies and leave them for you when you get in at the end of the night. I look forward to going back next year.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Wonderful space, wonderful hosts, wonderful service.

Some highlights: The breakfast buffet, the pool, drinks in the afternoon, bicycles available, comfortable bed, Frank, Tim, housekeeping... I could go on. Most importantly you feel as if you're being made welcome by a lovely relative who has your best interests at heart, is very good at anticipating your needs and desires, yet knows when to give you space.

Highly recommended to all -- and we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Within 24 hours of leaving 8 Dyer, I've suggested it to two people already! Frank, Tim, and Emma went above and beyond during our stay - and we only stayed there one night ! Upon check in, Frank made us feel at home with his friendly smile. He showed us around the entire property which includes a nice size pool, hot tub, sauna, free bike rentals and tastefully decorated rooms. The following morning, my boyfriend and I woke up to the smell of bacon :) Now...i don't eat bacon but this morning I did. That's because the breakfast spread was home cooked by Tim, Frank's partner, and everything was amazing. The poached eggs, granola, scones, coffee, fresh fruit, homemade honey, I could go on and on...Even though we weren't staying at the inn the next day, they let us use their bikes for 6 hours! Looking back, I realize the reason why our stay was so nice was because Tim and Frank care about the details at 8 Dyer. The details in the rooms, bathrooms, food, amenities, and customer service. Hands down the best B&B in PTown. I can't wait to go back!