“A cosy and friendly place to stay in P-town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rose Acre

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Rose Acre
Siilinjarvi, Finland
“A cosy and friendly place to stay in P-town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed only for two nights there, but we immediately fell in love with "Rose Acre" and especially with the cute and cosy cottage. The location is perfect, it's in the center, but still quiet and you can rest and relax there in the garden. The couple, Rose and Carol, who run the place, are helpful and they where there when ever we needed a good advice or other help.
We are from Finland, this was our first time ever in Cape Cod/Provincetown and we'll come back for sure!
Warmly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rea64

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My girlfriend took me here for a whole week. I was so impressed with the location to Commercial Street (parking is included in your rental!!!) and the quiet little garden. We rented the Cottage, which comes with its own little kitchen, and very very small bathroom, but it served us well. The hosts Carol and Rose are the most adorable couple, Carol runs around and does much of the house keeping and gardening, while Rose gave us a personal tour of her own artwork and collection. We were so inspired by her art, that we had several days of trying our hand with some oil pastels in the beautiful garden. Carol was even nice enough to return my swimsuit via mail after leaving it hanging on the clothes line at our departure.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed in the studio for 5 nights with my wife...very clean and spacious...so close to everything! My only "complaints": shower is VERY small and the studio could use some updating; the decor and appliances are quite dated...but everything is functional, so I guess that is what matters...this is not a B&B so don't expect breakfast! That's why you have a full kitchen! Very reasonably priced property at a great location...

• Stayed July 2011
east coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We really enjoyed the bright and cheery, well-appointed cottage setting replete with original art and our own outdoor sitting area. We couldn't believe how peaceful and quiet our room was for our very central location. Rose Acre is our new favorite place to stay and we hope to return soon!
Maria & Laura
Rhode Island

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lawrock
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Rose Acre during women's week. In fact, we are still here, and loving it. We are staying in the Asian Studio, and we love it! The room is very spacious, clean and quiet. The room comes equipped with refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, TV with vhs or dvd, wi fi interent access, blender, radio, dishes, silverware, plates, and washer & dryer etc.

Although, I practically brought my own stuff, because I do not like to assume the above items were supplied...I was very impressed.

Rose Acre is located at the heart of P-Town!!! Everything is in walking distance.

We were the first to arrive for women's week and we met owner Carol who was very accomodating, friendly and very outgoing. She showed us the property and we were able to view all the other rooms. I would definately recommend this place to my friends, and we do plan on returning to Rose Acre.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for two nights mid-week this August. I was excited to find an affordable and well reviewed place right in the heart of Ptown for $150 inclusive/night.

I'd like to start by writing that we got lucky when Rose and Carol had a 2 night opening just when we needed it. They usually require a 5 night minimum stay. However, they allowed us to stay while there was a gap between reservstions. A week before our stay, my mother underwent emergency brain surgery while on a family vacation. Not knowing the outcome of her surgery I asked if the owners would grant a refund even though they have a non-refundable policy. They would not make an exception. Luckily, my mother came out of surgery and post-op in flying colors, so I kept the reservation, but that left a sour taste on my impression of the place.

The place is in a great location, just off of all the shops, restaurants, and organic market in town.

We stayed in the cottage which was neat and cozy, but newer pillows, warm blankets, newer towels should have been standard and these things were not. Pillows were flat and hard. Sheets were rough and thin. My friend and I had trouble sleeping the first night even while wearing sweats to bed because they only provided a thin cotton blanket over a bedsheet. It was in the 50's at night and rainy during our entire stay. The water dripping on the air conditioning unit tapped all day and night in the bedroom. The bathroom sink and toilet reeked of smelly water. The bath towels looked 10 years old as the towels were worn thin and frayed.

The owners were never accessible in the office when the office sign read "open". We had to leave a voice message and an email after trying the office once at 11am and another time at 2pm to ask for more blankets. Finally by evening extra blankets were left with a less than friendly note.

We were quiet and respectful, yet didn't find the owners warm and welcoming. Not sure why we had a less than satisfactory experience than the other rave reviews. We are seasoned travlers, so perhaps are experiences and expectations are different. For $150/night, all we wanted were a comfy bed and towels!

• Stayed August 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dr-Drea
Montague, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

It's a gem! Very quiet, beautiful yard and garden, the units are decorated with original artwork- quintessential Provincetown. The owners, Carol and Rose have created a very special place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo