“Great flavours and textures chaotic service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Saki

Saki
Ranked #48 of 136 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Crawley,West Sussex
“Great flavours and textures chaotic service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a real find! You go past Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream parlour and up the stairs to enter a late open space that was once an old church - it feels like a great City restaurant in a small town.the prosecco was light and a good way to start our meal , I'd have been more concerned on the next table where the waiter opens a lovely bottle of Veuve Cliquot with such rigour that the cork flew off and spurted a glass over the table !
The mussels in coconut milk and curry sauce were very tasty with crisp vegetables. The selection of 6 rolls a great blend of flavours and textures . I didn't understand why everything came at once on huge plates so that we had no room to move - other tables had multiple orders served in a large boat for the centre.
We were served by 3 different guy - all smiles and pleasent , but some clearer had little grasp of English, the menu or how to serve at table. My hosts commented that it like this most of the time - its not distracting , but for the price you would expect more consistency in the approach .
I loved the food and th venue so would return- mord for lunch ( although it's not open for lunch )

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprising Space Tucked Away in Ptown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

You don't just stumble upon Saki. Someone makes a reservation or tells you where to go, you find it after looking at a menagerie of directional signs and going through an almost hidden set of doors and up a stairway into the dining room.

The dining room is massive. It's large - square footagewise. But it's also large because the ceilings are HUGE. The result is a space where the ambiance soars. Tall windows let in tons of natural light. At the back of the room - also the focal point - is the bar. It's not very large, but there is a massive custom mural that goes all the way up to the ceiling which embodies Japanese and Cape Cod culture - Geishas and Lobsters entwined in a mind swirling design that was delightful to stare at. There is also a lounge area in front of the bar with pockets of seating conducive to socializing. The couches in the lounge area a bright orange and obviously from IKEA which made them feel a bit cheap since I knew their origins.

Bar staff were friendly and attentive.

Dinner was good - edamame, vegetable spring roll, miso haddock. Our server was a bit less attentive than the bar staff. I had ordered the chicken but was told they were out. He didn't really have any recommendations for me, though after I ordered the haddock I noticed that there was a chicken special that would have been a good substitution for what I had originally wanted. He also tried to take away plates before they were finished.

All in all - good experience in a completely unique space.

• Visited July 2013
“Best Sushi and Staff ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The manager / hostess Janet went out of her way to explain the differences between Sake's and paired the ones we loved most with the perfect sushi! Best food and service in town! Thanks Janet!

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Lovely views of Commercial Street and fair pub grub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had lunch at Saki, and to be honest, the girl at street level sitting beside pre-maid pizza and grilled cheese sandwich plates didn't make it evident to me that I was visiting a sushi place. I learned that when I saw a new dish at street level later that afternoon when walking past again, then I dug in my pocket for the receipt to find "Saki" as the name on top.

Branding aside, I had a great Cobb salad, despite the silly name (Cape Cobb). My daughters liked their grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches and steak fries, and my wife reported a good crab roll with a competitive price. In terms of value, it was clear I paid for the prominent views of Commercial Street, right beside the gorgeous town government building. The service was prompt, but we didn't get very many checks for drink refills, which is often a standard of satisfaction on hot, sunny days for me.

Williston
“Creative and Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant is a beautiful open space. The presentation of food is gorgeous and thoughtful. Scallops, mussels in coconut curry, sushi rolls, cucumber martini...all divine.