“Very Impressed !”

The Seafood Grille at The Waterford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Seafood Grille at The Waterford is casual dining inspired by the sea. In our comfortable and beautifully updated café, you can dine on many signature dishes from nightly fresh local seafood specials to wood fired pizzas, gourmet vegetarian selections, succulent, savory meats, pasta choices, delectable homemade desserts and great options for the kids. Our Lobster and Oyster Bar features several varieties of fresh oysters, with $1 oysters, clams and shrimp all day until 7PM. Our wine list is among the finest in Provincetown allowing you to chose from affordable options to ones that challenge the pallet, yet provide balance to our wonderful cuisine. The Café offers both indoor and outdoor dining options. We are also available for private events, marriage/commitment ceremonies and so much more.
Reviewed July 12, 2010

As a self-proclaimed foodie, aka as a food snob I have very high expectations when I dine out. My server was attentive and professional and well versed with the menu and the evening specials. The atmosphere was lovely and most importantly the food was Superb ! I was intrigued by the description of the swordfish special, although I was leaning towards the Asian tuna but opted for the special, and have no regrets.
The sword was cooked perfectly, the ginger sauce was mild as it should be, the chili shrimp that came with it were amazing as were the sweet potatos, grilled vegetables rounded out the special and were yummy ! The flavors of the dish blended perfectly and were well balanced. My partner also had the fish special and has not stopped talking about it. Our dining companions were very impressed with there meals as well.
This was my first visit to the Waterford, and now will be my " to go place " whenever I visit Ptown. I definitely recomend dining at The Waterford.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Great dining rooms; very cozy off-season. And have enjoyed a summer afternoon at the on-street tables. Food is good...mostly.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stopped in to have a cocktail on the upper patio, which has a lovely view of Cape Cod Bay. Cocktails turned into appetizers, which then led to a scrumptions dinner and an out-of-this-world dessert. We started with the Lobster Salad Sliders - bar none - the best lobster salad on the Cape!! Would return just to eat these delicious sliders served on freshly baked brioche! These are a must. The proprietor, Al Gordon, and the bartender/waiter, Terry, discussed the menu and a few items off the menu with us. We asked about lobster dishes and were told the lobster pot pie was the way to go - was it ever! Delicious! The surprise hit of the night was the Blueberry Tart! All four of us loved it! We even purchased a whole one to take home for breakfast the next morning!

Thank you, Al and Terry, from two very well fed straight couples from Maryland.

1  Thank MrsESW
Reviewed September 19, 2009

The upstairs patio is the best place to enjoy a sunset dinner in Provincetown. The lobster was just fine and the baked clams were wonderful. Service is a bit too quick for such a nice setting but still the staff is friendly. Great place to bring a date. Not as obnoxiously overpriced as it looks either, though it's not cheap.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

The Cafe has lovely curb appeal and a sophisticated menu. Unfortunately, one extremely rude server told my husband and I that there was no seating available due to a party of ten coming in and that there were plenty of other restaurants in town. At the time, the Cafe was half full and there were no patrons on either the patio or first floor.