“A good meal at Dalla Cucina”
Review of Dalla Cucina - CLOSED

Dalla Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It Is Our Philosophy And Mission At Dalla Cucina To Execute A Seasonal, Farm-to-table Traditional Italian Menu Served By A Courteous, Knowledgeable, Professional Staff That Will Enhance The Dining Experience For New And Returning Patrons.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The calamari was, hands down, the highlight of the evening.

Caprese salad - mediocre. I should have read the fine print. Didn't love the sundried tomatoes. My partner enjoyed it though.

He had the ravioli and loved his entree. I tasted it and agreed - delicious.

I had the rib eye. It was fine. Loads of onion rings/strings and heaps of potatoes. Kind of cheesecake factory portions ... the steak itself was a bit too chargrilled for my liking but once I got beyond the edges of it, the center cut was quite tasty, especially with the homemade steak sauce.

The first round of cocktails (cosmos) were perfect. The second round wasn't great.

Sat in back of restaurant - he faced the crowd, I faced the kitchen doors. And there was a table next to us with two kinds under the age of 10 who enjoyed using the table as a drum set.

Still, however, I would go back there without hesitation. I've been there before and loved it and know others who have had great experiences and food. I would try a few different things on the menu and sit in a different spot.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were graciously accommodated at the bar for dinner during the busy Labor Day long weekend and were we glad we stopped by. Our bartender/server Greg was amazing and his recommendations for wine, appetizers, pasta, and mains were spot on. The quality and presentation of the food was fantastic. Thanks again Greg for a wonderful evening.
Glenn and Jay

Reviewed August 31, 2013

After a couple of disastrous dinners at "must-visit" restaurants we tried this one at trusted friend's recommendation. He got it right and we almost would have missed it. Its charming ambiance isn't P-town specific: no water views from the dining room. But in every other way it did not disappoint. Welcoming maitre d', attentive but not in-your-face service from our server (Nucu, I think was his name. A handsome young Romanian fellow.). We both started with basic salads, a Caesar for me and Caprese for my companion. Nothing fancy, just well presented and portions that I call "just enough." Companion had a seafood pasta with clams...just the right amount of sauce, good and not over-bearing flavors. I had homemade meat ravioli, cooked just right. Prices are competitive with other high-end establishments in town, but the quality is way superior.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I think this place has taken a while to hit its stride. A few years ago we had a disastrous New Year's Eve dinner and a sub-par brunch before that. Those experiences kept us away for some time. Recently a couple of friends said it was their favorite restaurant in town.

We gave it another shot and were really surprised how good this place has become. The appetizers (marinated olives and the parma ham/parma cheese) were excellent. The mains (halibut and rigatoni caprese) were awesome. We were too full to try dessert but I'll save room for my next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have been intensely visiting P-Town for over 20 years now and love to eat out. Having had had so many great meals at Front Street and The Mews, we have avoided trying new places, especially upscale ones, but when our close friends told us that they had several good meals here we just had to try it. So glad we did. Don't you love a menu where you want to order just everything on it? Well that's how I felt here. We all shared the fried artichoke appetizer and marveled at hour crisp and non greasy it was. Then the gnocchi, the ravioli, the strip bass special- need I go on? We all raved about out meals. Can't wait to go back