“My favorite in Ptown”

Dalla Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It Is Our Philosophy And Mission At Dalla Cucina To Execute A Seasonal, Farm-to-table Traditional Italian Menu Served By A Courteous, Knowledgeable, Professional Staff That Will Enhance The Dining Experience For New And Returning Patrons.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It starts with a friendly and attentive maitre'd. Great bar and lively crowd, and the food is the very best Ptown offers and I went to all their best ones--red Inn, mews, front street. I had the most unique calimari appetizer. I actually had the last one--lucky me! I was blown away after that with their Chitarra Vongole dish. DO. NOT MISS IT!

1  Thank BeaFern

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had dinner last week, we ask for a table outside on the patio and it was charmant. It is not a real italian restaurant. We were very disappointed by the food and the waiters have no experiences in service, we receive at least 4 times the excuses from the waiters and the owner for different mistakes ( I found a piece of metal in my appetizer).

I DO NOT RECOMMANDE THIS RESTAURANT, IT IS OVERPRICED AND THE FOOD IS REAL B...S..T!!!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant was so amazing that I couldn't leave without writing a review. Apparently they have a new chef. This was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. We had the braised artichokes, captese salad and halibut. All unique and delicious. We'll be back!

1  Thank BostonLuv2travel
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a delightful meal on the patio of Dalla Cucina. The service was attentive to a fault, delivered with unforced warmth and friendliness. The food matched the service; a fried artichoke appetizer couldn't have been better. The garden salad was fresh with a touch of zing to it. Our entrees of wild mushroom gnocci and a cioppino were equally flavorful and delicious. The only thing that might have been better to our taste was a cold asparagus soup, which could have been superb if it had offered a more intense asparagus flavor.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This restaurant site has been several businesses. It's likely that Dalla Cucina, while I don't consider it so much an Italian destination, is likely the most welcoming of restaurants in town. The East End of town is not the sometimes much sought after hip and happening West End vibe, but more of a guaranteed more civilized neighborhood in town. Dalla Cucina does not disappoint.
Service by Diana was just the way I like it: not interrupting, only coming over to discuss specials, take orders and quietly check on us and pour wine. The food was alright. I ordered the "Vongole Chitarra," described as hand cut pasta with clams, smoked prosciutto and pepperoncino. No kidding, there were only 4 clams and it was clearly box pasta! The flavor of the sauce was very good so I didn't complain, but I did wonder why.....The fried calamari was nothing like one would expect: coils of perhaps broiled calamari; the fried artichokes with minty pesto were alright; Parma 3 Parma (prosciutto and Reggiano) were ok. all tolled, we'd go back, perhaps sit at the bar for our next meal, but then again...Diana doesn't serve at the bar. I'd give a B- to the bus people. They were doing pretty well until 3 out of 4 of us were finished with our dinners and the female tried to dive in to scoop up the plates. I quietly held up my hand and mouthed, "wait." She got it. I wish restaurants would give their bussers some side work to do so they don't feel like they have to pick up plates and rush the guests. Go and try it but don't go for anything particularly Italian. Go for the ambiance, the service and the good food.