“A Warm and Friendly Home Away From Home”

The Gaslamp Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A Warm and Friendly Home Away From Home”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Romeo's is a warm and friendly abode for travelers seeking fun and respite in a place that, for me, had the wild street scene (this was, after all, Memorial Day Weekend) of a tiny city yet the charm and friendliness of the small town Provincetown is. I could not have been more pleased with my stay at this particular bed and breakfast as well as the friends I discovered there. My room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was delicious (Danny makes a mean buckwheat peach cobbler!). The atmosphere was cozy and whimsical (just ask to meet Monique and you won't miss the Barbie swim party in front). The amenities are great: air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a hot tub out back, and freedom (there is a clothing optional area, which I regretfully did not use this time around!). I came and went as I pleased and often returned to the merriment of our hosts mingling with guests in the living room. Absent was the cold austerity and dull arrival/departure routines of commonplace travel dwellings (Stan and Lenny even waited for me when a family emergency delayed my arrival until the late hours of the night and consistently checked up on me via text to make sure I arrived home safe). And most importantly, my hosts were three of the warmest and nicest gentleman you will meet in Provincetown. Guys I would now like to call friends. So thank you Stan (you're a sweet heart), Lenny (you're a hunk-a sensitive one) and Danny (you're a pistol) for making this Jersey girl's weekend on the Cape such a fine and memorable experience. I would recommend Romeo's to anyone! It is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ashlie F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I just got home from staying at this B&B & was so sad to leave the staff & fellow guest, gay & straight who were also there. The place is immaculate, & the staff make you feel so at home that it was the best experence that I have had in a long time. I am already booking for this September. The location is two minutes walk from Commercial Street but you are not bothered by the noise from there. Do yourself a favor & book your next vacatiion in Provincetown at this B&B. Also, get a massage from Lenny. It is excellent. Thank you.

Room Tip: The rooms are based on size etc. so you can decide what you can afford. They are all good quality...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A Provincetown gem. A fantastic location near two of the hotest late night clubs, and a house filled with quirky artwork, make this place fun to stay. The Host's Lenny and Stan are very personable, making an effort to get to know all their guests. There is a hot tub out back, but I didn't use it as it didn't fit my schedule. Also a clothing optional area on the back deck and thanks to long held Catholic Repression, something I didn't use either. Coffee, juice, muffins and fresh fruit are provided. My room was huge, 2 double beds and and separate seating area, this room would have fit 4 in a pinch.Not sure about all the rooms, but mine had a private bath, fans, air conditioning a TV and free WiFi. One of the owners is a licensed Masseuse, and guests get a discounted rate, and even without the discount their massage pricing is the best in Provincetown. A note to our rainbow sisters, Romeo's welcome's women, but tends to attract mostly men.

Room Tip: The front rooms face a main street. Thought mostly quiet late at night, if you are hypersensitive c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Romeo's Holiday. Host's Stan and Len were very accommodating at this cute gay-run inn. It is conveniently located to many restaurants, bars and amenities. Stan gave me several wonderful recommendations for activities. I specifically loved the clothing optional sun deck and the wonderful décor of each of the rooms. The houseboy David was humorous and made sure my room was taken care of. The icing on the cake was that they let me leave my bags at their inn after I checked out prior to my ferry back to Boston that evening.

Room Tip: Check out each room's profile on their website. They each have a different theme. They have al...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed 3 nights, hosts Lenny and Stan were great. Bedroom was very comfortable and spacious. Great new bath. Definitely a place to return too. As convenient a location as you could find. Nice hot tub on private outside deck

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

A completely satisfying and wonderful stay at Romeo's Holiday! Literally steps away from all the happenings of Provincetown - the shops, restaurants, and nighttime festivities are right there, a one minute walk to all the excitement, yet still quiet when rest is desired. Highly recommended, the staff is unsurpassed in their attention and the care they exhibit for their guests. If you want to enjoy Provincetown, stay here! Kevin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have traveled a great deal and have stayed in my fair share of B&Bs. And what matters most in my opinion is the personal touch - the individuals who can make or break your stay. I have yet to find a more gracious, friendly and helpful host than Stan! I became ill during our stay and Stan, Len and Danny were so helpful and turned what could have been a disaster into a lovely experience.

Stan is am amazing host who not only made our stay perfect, but continued to help us out even after we left. He kept in touch with us via text, letting us know how the traffic conditions were leaving P-Town saving us hours in delays.

But that's not all! Romeo's is so conveniently located, has parking, and a WONDERFUL outdoor hot tub!!! We awoke each morning to fresh baked treats and retired each night with a beautiful rose on our pillow. These weren't store bought items, but home made with love and the personal touch! Good conversation, personal massages (by lenny at an amazing rate), and the Barbie swimming hole (a must see) rounded out a fabulous experience.

I have been to PTown many times, and now will ALWAYS stay at Romeo's!

Green Features: Excellent! They even recycle their parking passes.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple